U22 ♫ Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Realistically U22 won't be in the hands of us fans till mid or late June (especially those if us in Australasia). But then starting early November, memberships are up for renewal again - mine's 13th November.

At this rate, in just another year or so, we're going to be renewing our memberships for the coming year before the prior year's gift has even been made. U2.com should be planning the Christmas 2012 gift NOW but they haven't even mailed the Christmas 2011 gift!

Realistically U22 won't be in the hands of us fans till mid or late June (especially those if us in Australasia). But then starting early November, memberships are up for renewal again - mine's 13th November.

At this rate, in just another year or so, we're going to be renewing our memberships for the coming year before the prior year's gift has even been made. U2.com should be planning the Christmas 2012 gift NOW but they haven't even mailed the Christmas 2011 gift!

Good point.

They would be wise to make the 2012 gift a simple one which doesn't demand a lot of work on their part.

U22 is not the Christmas 2011 gift, but the year 2012 gift (with the U2.com year starting around February/March). They're maybe not the quickest to mail out their membership gifts, but not the slowest either.

If you're keeping score, Magnificent is from Zurich. Tomorrow's reveal is Until the End of the World.

And we may of had a location change for one of the songs. The Fly was originally listed as DG HQ Nashville RC 1. It is now from East Lansing.

Popmartijn said:
U22 is not the Christmas 2011 gift, but the year 2012 gift (with the U2.com year starting around February/March). They're maybe not the quickest to mail out their membership gifts, but not the slowest either.

I knew someone would try to correct me, having forgotten the (fairly recent) history.

For us long-time Propaganda subscribers, U2.com was launched as a replacement in November 2004 with its first Christmas gift (and ticket pre-sales) as a enticement. U2.Communication followed as the '05 Christmas gift. ZooTv, Go Home and Medium Rare were also released for Christmas ('06, '07 and '08).

The Feb/March U2.com year (as you call it) only came into being because they delayed the Christmas gift for '09 (Artificial Horizon) due to production issues (or some other lame excuse) and it came out early 2010 instead.

I think you'll find most of us old Propaganda members still have a November renewal. Only the late-comers have a Feb or later renewal date. But U2.com has sneakily moved the date to June now. But the still expect my cash in November!

I knew someone would try to correct me, having forgotten the (fairly recent) history.

For us long-time Propaganda subscribers, U2.com was launched as a replacement in November 2004 with its first Christmas gift (and ticket pre-sales) as a enticement. U2.Communication followed as the '05 Christmas gift. ZooTv, Go Home and Medium Rare were also released for Christmas ('06, '07 and '08).

The Feb/March U2.com year (as you call it) only came into being because they delayed the Christmas gift for '09 (Artificial Horizon) due to production issues (or some other lame excuse) and it came out early 2010 instead.

I think you'll find most of us old Propaganda members still have a November renewal. Only the late-comers have a Feb or later renewal date. But U2.com has sneakily moved the date to June now. But the still expect my cash in November!

I am a long-time subscriber too, coming from the Propaganda days (I still have the first 2 member CDs, Melon and Hasta La Vista!). And I also subscribed to U2.com once it opened its shops in November 2004. So much of the timeline is familiar to me. But I don't blame you for having forgotten the (fairly recent) history. :)

Where my view differs from yours is with the situation late 2008. This was a few months before NLOTH was to come out. Around that time U2.com communicated to existing members not to renew until the new site was launched in early 2009 (or something to that extend). Existing memberships that would originally expire were extended until February/March. Thus, when U2.com was relaunched, the new 'U2.com year' started, this time in March 2009 and with the Medium subscriber CDs.

Any delay with Artificial Horizon (for the 2010 year) never had any impact on which users would get the item. (I don't think there even was a big delay here). As I stated above, the U2.com year moved to February/March the year before, so that's when you can say the timer starts for the subscriber CD to be ready/sent out.

Yeah that shift from Nov. to Feb. really screwed me over. Because of it they still expect me to renew early for the gifts. Currently I am paid through Feb. 2013, but they have repeatedly told me I will NOT receive U22 unless I renew for 2012. :doh: (Meaning give them cash in 2012 for a 2013-2014 membership.) :crack:

(It's been the same for me every year since the shift, but I've done it because I needed my ticket codes! This year I'm trying to make them "catch up" with my payments but they don't seem to care. So far no downloads for me. Thanks to nice people here I have them so far.)

If you're keeping score, Magnificent is from Zurich. Tomorrow's reveal is Until the End of the World.

And we may of had a location change for one of the songs. The Fly was originally listed as DG HQ Nashville RC 1. It is now from East Lansing.

Here's a page with the video clips of the songs revealed up to now.
U2 > Video > U22 - 22 Live Tracks from U2360

And there's another location change. I believe ISHFWILF was originally listed as being from the second Foxboro concert, but it now appears to be of the one in Johannesburg. It also features trumpet player Hugh Masekela. Nice!

Amazing quality on Unknown Caller.
Unreal that they recorded every show in this (potential) quality, when mastered of course.

Wounds me looking at the list of songs left off. Still, what can you do?! Fans, eh?

Amazing quality on Unknown Caller.
Unreal that they recorded every show in this (potential) quality, when mastered of course.

Wounds me looking at the list of songs left off.

:sigh: I know! They have been recording in this quality and archived every show since War.

Beautiful Day is from Zagreb, nice.
So far too few versions from 2009/2010, but I guess that can still change...

Few? Would you rather have those older ones then? I'm glad most is 2011, to me that was the best leg of the tour!

Didn't see them in 2011, it was too far away - I feel 2010 was the best leg as far as Bono's voice, the setlists too (all the new songs) - but mostly I'm holding my breath for recordings from a show I was at. I saw 8 shows, statistics should give me one, at least, out of 22 songs ;)

I was sort of hoping for one from one of my shows, but then again I won't worry about it too much since I have the entire Rose Bowl show I was at!

Has anyone made a running list yet of the confirmed locations? :hmm:

Has anyone made a running list yet of the confirmed locations? :hmm:

U2.com is keeping track. :)
U2

And I'm also hoping for a few songs from shows I was at. Considering the # of shows I attended there have to be a few. For now, the only one is the bonus download of Unknown Caller (Wembley, August 14th 2009).

U2.com is keeping track. :)
U2

And I'm also hoping for a few songs from shows I was at. Considering the # of shows I attended there have to be a few. For now, the only one is the bonus download of Unknown Caller (Wembley, August 14th 2009).

Ah cool thanks :)

U22 - THE DOUBLE-LIVE CD FROM U2360°
22 TRACKS SELECTED BY U2.COM SUBSCRIBERS

DISC ONE

1. EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING
Recorded at Estadio Azteca, Mexico City, 15th May 2011

2. THE FLY
Recorded at Spartan Stadium, East Lancing 26 June 2011

3. MYSTERIOUS WAYS
Recorded at Cape Town Stadium, Cape Town 18 February, 2011

4. MAGNIFICENT
Recorded at Stadion Letzigrund, Zurich, 11 September 2010

5. UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD
Recorded at Estadio Azteca, Mexico City, 14 May 2011

6. I STILL HAVEN'T FOUND WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR
Recorded at FNB Stadium, Johannesburg, 13 February 2011

7. STAY (FARAWAY, SO CLOSE!)
Recorded at Soldier Field, Chicago, 5 July 2011

8. ONE TREE HILL
Recorded at Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland, 26 November 2010

9. BEAUTIFUL DAY
Recorded at Stadion Maksimir, Zagreb, 10 August 2009

10. ELEVATION

11. BAD

DISC TWO

12. ALL I WANT IS YOU/LOVE RESCUE ME

13. THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE

14. ZOOROPA

15. CITY OF BLINDING LIGHTS

16. MLK/WALK ON

17. ONE

18. WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME

19. ULTRA VIOLET (LIGHT MY WAY)

20. WITH OR WITHOUT YOU

21. MOMENT OF SURRENDER

22. OUT OF CONTROL

:lol: Trollololol.

Seems like there are '09 and '10 songs after all. I'm glad Beautiful Day wasn't from 2010, as it just fell flat as a first song after Stingray.

What do you mean Gg? Did they not play The Fly at that show or something? Is it an error?

And does anyone know if that Magnificent is the original or remixed weird version they tried for a while? I didn't like that version at all.

Edit: Hmm, no I see that song was played there.

Check the spelling. ;) I'm pretty darn sure it's East LanSing. Just one of those U2.com things..

OH of course! :lol: I wasn't thinking along those lines so I missed it completely. I was thinking it was an actual error in where it was played. You have sharp eyes when it comes to spelling and grammar. :up:

Back
Top Bottom