U2 - Yahweh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never really paid this song much attention until I saw U2:3D...for some reason it just clicked with me there, and since then I've loved it.

The same goes for me. I simply adore this song now. Although I like the album version too (once the U23D version directed my attention to it), if I could find the exact version that's used during the end credits in U23D, I feel like I'd be the happiest person on earth! I love the way Bono sings it in that one. That rendition does better justice to the absolutely brilliant lyrics, imho.

Yahweh is absolutely my addiction right now. Anyone who knows if the U23D version is available anywhere? Anyway, I have to check out the alternate version on ITunes that you're talking about in this thread. I hope and pray that it's available in Sweden.

Well, I never liked the studio version...I really think it sucks. It's a song that is far below U2 standards. And the fact that it closes the album (Fast Cars is a bonus track only in some regions) doesn't help at all (U2's worst album closer and actually, the only bad closer they ever did.)

But I do LOVE it live. I've seen it live myself and I can say it's beautiful. AMAZING

Am I the only one who thinks this song is one of the best U2 ever wrote? I mean the Album version. Apart from few cheesy verses this song is incredible. I loved it on the HTDAAB and I loved it acoustic. Great song.

No..you´re not the only one but I can´t see any cheesy verses in it.

I felt in love with this song since the first time I heard it and there´s a verse that is always in my mind ( and in my heart):

..take this mouth
so quick to criticise
take this mouth
give it a kiss...

This verse says lot and it´s just perfect in some daily situations !! :heart:

Great song.
From HTDAAB album here are my top songs:

Miracle Drug
City Of Blinding Lights
Crumbs From Your Table
Yahweh
Sometime You Can't Make It On Your Own
All Because Of You
A Man and A Women
Vertigo
One Step Closer
Original Of The Species
Love and Peace or Else

Great song.
From HTDAAB album here are my top songs:

Miracle Drug
City Of Blinding Lights
Crumbs From Your Table
Yahweh
Sometime You Can't Make It On Your Own
All Because Of You
A Man and A Women
Vertigo
One Step Closer
Original Of The Species
Love and Peace or Else

Wow....mine is completely different:

Crumbs from Your Table
SYCMIOYO
Love and Peace or Else
OOTS
Vertigo
Fast Cars
COBL
One Step Closer
Miracle Drug
A Man and a Woman
Yahweh
ABOY

Wow....mine is completely different:

Crumbs from Your Table
SYCMIOYO
Love and Peace or Else
OOTS
Vertigo
Fast Cars
COBL
One Step Closer
Miracle Drug
A Man and a Woman
Yahweh
ABOY
Got to be honest I've only heard Love and Peace or Else and Original Of The Species like 2 times :reject:

But I love Miracle Drug... song is just amazing. I love the album in general. One of my favorites.

Back
Top Bottom