U2 wishing Metallica a happy 30th birthday...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'll have to take your word for it! i cannot make out a word they're saying! :D

it kind of reminds me of our drama lessons at school, where we had to improvise in groups, and the boys would always end up shouting and fighting, every time... :lol:

Psychiatrist: "So Bono, when did you first have these feelings of inadequacy?"

Bono: "Uh, guess I was about twenty-five. ................. "somewhere out west and"

anyone want to try to continue :wink:

You need to play the audio backwards to hear the secret message.

Crazy that U2 saw Metallica so early in their career. It had to have been the Ride The Lightning tour. Bono says he was about 25 and it was somewhere out west and says "the Fillmore" so it had to have been while U2 was touring the west of the United States in 1985.

U2 did these dates:

March 7, 1985 - Cow Palace (SF)
March 8, 1985 - Cow Palace (SF)
March 11, 1985 - Honolulu
March 17, 1985 - Denver

So, they likely saw them in between the Hawaii gig and the Denver gig. Bono argues that it was The Fillmore, but he's totally wrong.

Metallica's Dates:

The Keystone - Palo Alto, CA (3/13)
Kabuki Theatre - SF, CA (3/14)
Kabuki Theatre - SF, CA (3/15)

I didn't listen with headphones to see if anything was clearer, but I think at one point Edge said something like "... he plays so fast!" and the audience laughed.

Crazy that U2 saw Metallica so early in their career. It had to have been the Ride The Lightning tour. Bono says he was about 25 and it was somewhere out west and says "the Fillmore" so it had to have been while U2 was touring the west of the United States in 1985.

U2 did these dates:

March 7, 1985 - Cow Palace (SF)
March 8, 1985 - Cow Palace (SF)
March 11, 1985 - Honolulu
March 17, 1985 - Denver

So, they likely saw them in between the Hawaii gig and the Denver gig. Bono argues that it was The Fillmore, but he's totally wrong.

Metallica's Dates:

The Keystone - Palo Alto, CA (3/13)
Kabuki Theatre - SF, CA (3/14)
Kabuki Theatre - SF, CA (3/15)

Wow, doesn't anyone understand the Irish oral tradition of storytelling? Whether Bono actually saw them is irrelevant to the tale. He is just telling a story.

"Don't let the truth get in the way of a Good story!"

"That voice! Where does it come from? It's that third ball of his, I suppose."

:lol:

Awesome. Thanks for that link!

maybe he was talking about (or at least thinking about and got confused) them playing the fillmore earlier this year. i can't be bothered to watch to the video. :lol: if you guys are struggling i really won't be able to get any of it!

Back
Top Bottom