U2 want to RE-rerelease BOY!!???!??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah I freaked out too but I'm sure they wouldn't go through with it. Just re-arrange them live, don't go screwing about with an album that's nearly 30 years old. Jesus.

It's just talk. It will never happen. They just put out a deluxe version of Boy. They will never fuck with it.

3 funny things from that article:

1) Bono saying he has a phony english accent on Boy.
2) Adam saying the only problem with Sting is he is too cool. Too cool to be cool. (Is this more being playful with Sting, ala Letterman, or does the band really have something against him?)
3) A woman handcuffed herself to Bono one time? When did this happen, and how did they get her off?

BTW, I'd find it interesting to see U2 revisit their older works. And I wonder what songs Edge is happy to avoid playing.

This is all taken from the Boston Q&A. There was nothing formal or definitive about those statements just comments when he was asked a question.

I think the way it's phrased in the Atu2 article is very misleading and not the impression I got from listening to the Q&A, seemed to be wishful thinking that anything they "considering" at this point.

2) Adam saying the only problem with Sting is he is too cool. Too cool to be cool. (Is this more being playful with Sting, ala Letterman, or does the band really have something against him?)

The article is wrong; Edge actually said that in reply to a question from the audience about whether Sting has called him about what he said on Letterman.

I don't think it's a good idea to re-record Boy, especially after they already remastered it. They could have included a re-made copy with the remastered version.

I think Bono is the only one who really said anything about it. He would like to re-write and re-sing some of the lyrics which he feels are unfinished. The rest of the band probably doesn't give a shit.

Back
Top Bottom