U2 to support KOL at Dec.19th Dublin show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe a guest apperance, as a thank you for KoL supporting U2 on Vertigo tour.

So that would be my all time favourite band supporting my second all time favourite band ... :drool: If U2 were to actually do that, I may consider selling my mother to get tickets. STOP TEASING.

Sounds like bullshit. If they were too showcase their new stuff at O2 they would have to release a single before then i.e. in a couple of weeks. Doubt it!

That would actually be a VERY COOL thing for U2 to do.

But I take this with a grain of salt.

IF ONLY they would play NEW stuff!!!

Kings of Leon can go home :lol:

OMG, I laughed off these rumours last night :lol:,
I didnt actually know they were probable :ohmy:
although I dont like The Kings Of Leon :tsk: :reject:.
seeing U2 support would be AMAZING! :hyper::drool::hyper::drool: (too much of a risk imo tho :huh:)

if this go's ahead I will eat my hat, while repeatedly kicking myself :doh::D

Ah, the tabloid rumour mill. While I could potentially see this as plausible, the source is dodgy as all hell, so I'll grab a good few grains of salt.

ain't gonna happen.. sheesh.. Maybe they will make a guest appearance at the most (and most likely if at all it will be just bono and edge) but that's it.. dodgy source IMO.

If you U2 would really consider supporting KOL, they would keep it a secret up to the last minute..
The source of this rumour is one of those sleazy tabloids...
I don't buy it...

i don't buy this either. i just don't see U2 starting their new album promotion by supporting another band.

Didn't Bono address KoL at the Vertigo Honolulu show (they were in the audience), saying something like "we'll be supporting you next year."? Or is that just my imagination?

Sounds like bullshit. If they were too showcase their new stuff at O2 they would have to release a single before then i.e. in a couple of weeks. Doubt it!

Really now??? I didn't know that was in the rulebook.....are you serious??
U2 can do whatever they want and they certainly don't have to release a single before showcasing a new track or two..they are under no sort of rules which say otherwise,your suggestion is kind of silly.

Make no mistake,I'm not saying that this is gonna happen...but I'm sure it was something being considered...at least before the cat was out of the bag.

Honestly, that'd be a brilliant way to start the promotion machine for U2. Nobody would ever expect that, it'd generate HUGE attention. Meanwhile, poor KOL would have to go on after U2.

Don't know if this was posted yet?

From atu2.com

U2 rocking O2 Arena ... as the support act

Irish rockers to play before Kings Of Leon at December concert

Mirror, November 20, 2008

Paul Martin & Stephen Dunne

U2 are planning a surprise appearance at the new O2 arena - as a support act.

The band were approached by owner Harry Crosbie about staging a full show at the venue.

But the Irish Daily Mirror can exclusively reveal they are planning a series of live shows at Croke Park instead.

However, as Bono and Co are desperate to be one of the first acts to experience the new venue they are in talks with chart-topping band the Kings Of Leon to appear as their support act at their December 19 show. It would be the first time in 25 years the legendary group have supported anyone.

A source close to U2 revealed last night: "There have been serious talks about this happening. The plan was for the Kings Of Leon to announce they would be joined by a special support act in the run up to the gig. Then before the show Bono and the boys would storm onto stage and perform material from their new album.

"They would then rejoin the Kings Of Leon during the show.

"It will be a monumental rock moment and certainly one of the most unexpected things the band have ever done."

BONO was booed and heckled at the MTV Europe Awards after he suggested that The Beatles were Irish.

He told a packed crowd in Liverpool: "If it wasn't for the Irish potato famine, John, George, Paul and Ringo would have come from Dublin." Bono made the remarks while presenting a lifetime achievement award to Paul McCartney.

One fan said: "There were shouts that Bono should "go f*** himself."

(c) Mirror, 2008.

Buzzkill, when was the last time U2 played new material live to the general public without releasing it?

Slow dancing and She's a mystery to me on Lovetown. Also, mini promo tours on the last two albums.

They did Baby please come home on JT tour but I'm not sure if that was before that Christmas CD came out.

Buzzkill, when was the last time U2 played new material live to the general public without releasing it?

HTDAAB. Over half of the album was performed live before release:

Vertigo (Top Of The Tops, CD:UK, HQ, SNL, Brooklyn Bridge, Jonathan Ross)
Miracle Drug (CD:UK, HQ, Brooklyn Bridge)
SYCMIOYO (Top Of The Tops, CD:UK, HQ, SNL, Brooklyn Bridge, Jonathan Ross)
COBL (Top Of The Tops, CD:UK, Brooklyn Bridge)
ABOY (Top Of The Tops, U2 iPod introduction, HQ, Brooklyn Bridge)
OOTS (U2 iPod introduction, Brooklyn Bridge)

If U2 were to make a surprise appearance to play new material, I doubt they'd do it as a support act. But it is a very unorthodox idea, like the Brooklyn Bridge thing. I'm sure they'll do some kind of surprise eventually; I doubt that this will be it, though.

Back
Top Bottom