U2 to RETIRE?! According to Larry..a strong possibility + Bono Fears U2 Will Split

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes but album sales have really sucked

Yeah, it must really suck to go #1 in 30 countries, some for multiple weeks, and have the best-selling album of the year so far.

Paul McGuinne$$ is going to be just Paul McGuinne$ or even Paul McGuinne if those SUCKY sales don't improve!

serious response: i love how people take things out of context and recreate the news in their own eyes. horrible journalism.

funny response: OHNOZ!!!1111 who dropped the ball?!?!?!?!

onoz.gif

But wait, aren't they going to rerecord Boy?

I'm absolutely repulsed, how will Bono be able to afford to fly his hat first class?

So I guess we now know the answer... Larry dropped the ball. :|

What I meant was...compared to the last album sales..not even close...I hope this doesnt happen after the tour...but we shall see

lol...you mean it's a strong possibility that one day U2 are going to retire? Get out. You're kidding, right? They're immortal, never aging and will write music into the next century, obviously.

What I meant was...compared to the last album sales..not even close...I hope this doesnt happen after the tour...but we shall see

oh, you mean an album released 4 and a half years ago, during peak holiday retail purchasing time and when piracy wasn't as prevalent, sold better than an album released in March 2009? gotcha.

damn...every time I post something on here the same people gotta jump down my fkn throat

Do you always post bad "journalism" recylcled and taken out of context from other articles and then posted on celebrity gossip websites?

If so, that's probably why...

lol, what a terrible news story, Larry has been saying the same things in other interviews, but never implied that they will retire RIGHT NOW.

ya, dont blame the man for posting it. Blame the 'journalist' for the sensationalist, horribly misleading headline. What a douche

I just hope Larry defines "high" as artistic high and not commercial high. This band can still make great, complex, genuinely uplifting and honest music, but it has to WANT to do so. I don't care if they tour; I want more albums of greatness.

Do you always post bad "journalism" recylcled and taken out of context from other articles and then posted on celebrity gossip websites?

If so, that's probably why...

Exactly. The quotes from Larry are from leftover material from the interview Rolling Stone did with the band. They asked each member what they thought about the future of U2 and how long they'd go. These quotes are totally taken out of context. Larry was talking about the future, not now.

Everyone can stop having flipping heart attacks.

Back
Top Bottom