U2 to play 50 years of Island Records gig?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2search

War Child
I found this. You can sign up for early registration. I guess those ALLSTARS featuring VERY SPECIAL GUESTS can only be U2 :)

2009 is the 50th anniversary of the founding of Island Records, arguably the most prestigious record label in the history of British music. To mark this milestone the label is collaborating with Island founder Chris Blackwell to arrange the Island 50 festival. The Island 50 festival will kick off in May 2009 with ‘ISLAND LIFE’ – a week of live shows by Island artists past and present, which will take place at London’s Shepherds Bush Empire week commencing 25th May ‘09. The line-up confirmed so far is as follows:

26th May – SLY & ROBBIE & THE COMPASS POINT ALLSTARS featuring VERY SPECIAL GUESTS;

27th May – THE FRATELLIS; VERY SPECIAL GUEST; BOMBAY BICYCLE CLUB;

28th May – CAT STEVENS/YUSUF and friends, BAABA MAAL

29th May – PAUL WELLER; ERNEST RANGLIN; SPOOKY TOOTH

30th May – KEANE; TOM TOM CLUB; LADYHAWKE

31st May – AMY WINEHOUSE; TOOTS & THE MAYTALS; I BLAME COCO

Glasswerk National \\ Island 50 Festival Line-Up Announced

I wouldn't be so sure. U2 aren't signed to Island anymore..

Yah I dont know there under contract to Universal/Interscope records right now.Im not sure if they could play the gig but not have a live performance recorded for CD and DVD.They might be able to play and not have anything recorded or they might not be able to play at all.

I'm doubt of U2 but there are The Fratellis and Ladyhawke:drool:, that's enough for me.

I wouldn't be so sure. U2 aren't signed to Island anymore..

It says "a week of live shows by Island artists past and present"...

Oh lol Dana said that too :)

U2 love Chris Blackwell and Island & Mercury are under the same umbrella. I've see credits with both Island and Mercury on the same discs. NLOTH is copyrighted to "Universal Islands Records Limited under exclusive licence to Mercury Limited in the UK".

U2 were headline acts for the 25th anniversary TV show, even partly owned the company then. They can not be not there :)

Back
Top Bottom