U2 to perform at American Idol finale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: I say "jeezum crow" all the time. I should use it online more often.

I heard someone mention that the segment tonight would be taped, because Bono & Edge are in Winnipeg for the next show. Anyone know if that's true? Or will they actually be there?

Everything I've heard about it says they will appear LIVE. That is for east coasters anyway, us on the west will get it tape delayed, even though it's happening right up the street from me practically. :rolleyes:

I just got tickets for AI. Have to be there at 4 PST. Not sure what is going to occur but I am excited to have gotten tix.

THE SINGLE: “RISE ABOVE 1” PERFORMED BY REEVE CARNEY FEATURING

BONO AND THE EDGE TO BE RELEASED WEDNESDAY MAY 25th

Single goes up for sale digitally

May 25th at 5:00 p.m. (PT) / 8:00 p.m. (ET)

MUSIC FROM SPIDER-MAN TURN OFF THE DARK

TO BE RELEASED JUNE 14th ON INTERSCOPE RECORDS

June 14th also set as opening night for SPIDER-MAN TURN OFF THE DARK at Broadway’s Foxwoods Theatre

(Santa Monica, CA) Music From SPIDER-MAN Turn Off The Dark will be released on June 14th by Interscope Records. With 14 new songs co-written by Bono and The Edge for the Broadway production, SPIDER-MAN Turn Off The Dark, the album is produced by Steve Lillywhite. Songs are performed by the cast including Reeve Carney in the role of Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Jennifer Damiano in the role of Mary Jane, T.V. Carpio as Arachne and Patrick Page as the Green Goblin, with contributions from Bono and The Edge and music performed by the production’s twenty member strong orchestra. The release date coincides with the opening night (June 14th) of the Broadway show.

So, it says Featuring Bona and The Edge. :D

6815-m.jpg

Hmmm, this could be something a little bit different. Does anyone know why it would be called "Rise Above 1" instead of just "Rise Above?"

I guess we'll find out in mere hours if they've made changes to the song that we're already familiar with. I'm also still wondering what they'll do with Carpio and Damiano's parts.

The description of the full length cd says it features 'a single version' of rise above featuring B+E. It must be for promo, and called Rise Above 1 to distinguish it as a B+E thing rather than just cast. I'd say it is the only song they perform on the cd.

The description of the full length cd says it features 'a single version' of rise above featuring B+E. It must be for promo, and called Rise Above 1 to distinguish it as a B+E thing rather than just cast. I'd say it is the only song they perform on the cd.

Well the cd description says there are contributions by them, but yeah I guess it could be the one song, but it seems like there are more.

(Santa Monica, CA) Music From SPIDER-MAN Turn Off The Dark will be released on June 14th by Interscope Records. With 14 new songs co-written by Bono and The Edge for the Broadway production, SPIDER-MAN Turn Off The Dark, the album is produced by Steve Lillywhite. Songs are performed by the cast including Reeve Carney in the role of Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Jennifer Damiano in the role of Mary Jane, T.V. Carpio as Arachne and Patrick Page as the Green Goblin, with contributions from Bono and The Edge and music performed by the production’s twenty member strong orchestra. The release date coincides with the opening night (June 14th) of the Broadway show.

I wasn't home, I hope a video of the live performance comes up soon. I'm waiting for links here friends!!

EDIT: Ah, someone beat me to it.

I feel like this is being discussed in like six different threads across the forum right now. Hard to keep up. Anyway.

Hahaha, J-Lo chickened out on the Spider-Man kiss. Also, I take it this means Reeve was not performing in the show tonight!

Rise Above doesn't do anything for me I'm afraid. Standard Edge riff taken off the shelf. Verse melodies are all over the place as well in my opinion.

I liked it and I thought Bono sounded pretty good. I'm totally out of touch with U2 these days, and I haven't even heard any of the Spiderman songs.

I must say- Tim McGraw looked amazing in that outfit. That has zero to do with U2 but wow oh my.

There's very little "riff" there.

Being a bit picky aren't we? I'm talking about the chorus part - it's as much a 'riff' as those in Magnificent or Beautiful Day or Crazy Tonight are. It's just plucked straight from the shelf. I'm sure Edge could come up with a guitar part like that whilst in a coma.

A quote from the Prince.org forum regarding Prince's final late-night set at the House of Blues..

It ran until about 4:15am. Give them time to sleep in. Also, much less people attended.
Bono stood 3-4 people away from me for about an hour, watching the 3rd show.

Now that's what I call going to see real talent performing, unlike those American Idol kids. That had to have been cool, seeing Prince performing THAT close, look over and see Bono.

A quote from the Prince.org forum regarding Prince's final late-night set at the House of Blues..

Now that's what I call going to see real talent performing, unlike those American Idol kids. That had to have been cool, seeing Prince performing THAT close, look over and see Bono.

My 2 favorite acts. That rocks.

Back
Top Bottom