U2 to perform at 2018 grammy awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I liked the last Sting record, too. And while he really had no reason to be there (I guess to promote his bizarre new collaboration with Shaggy), I loved seeing him perform Englishman In New York, because that song is awesome.

(Then Shaggy showed up and I lost interest.)

I give them a lot of credit for that performance. It takes a great deal of courage for a music artist to call out Trump these days, particularly on a show like the Grammys.

I think it's safe to say U2 is squarely back on the cutting edge and no one can doubt their relevance anymore.

A lot of people on Twitter last night were saying their message was just what the country needs right now.

Another 1/3 are still pissed at the damn SOI release or were complaining U2 was on three times. These millenials really are snowflakes!

Another 1/3 were complaining that the only performance representing rock was U2.

So yeah, all over the map.

The only thing that is inarguable is that ratings for the awards dropped dramatically from a year ago, reportedly reaching “an all-time low.”

People tunning out in droves.

When was the last time ratings were actually up?? I'm 44 and feel like the last 15 years have had "record low ratings" for thr broadcast.

The only thing that is inarguable is that ratings for the awards dropped dramatically from a year ago, reportedly reaching “an all-time low.”

Not surprised. I don’t think I saw a single status update on Facebook on my news feed about it during the awards. It used to be filled with commentary on performances, dresses etc. These old fashioned 3 hour TV awards shows are going to be increasingly irrelevant as time goes on.

Last edited:
When was the last time ratings were actually up?? I'm 44 and feel like the last 15 years have had "record low ratings" for thr broadcast.

You are correct! They keep breaking their low record year after year. This year they were down 24% from the final viewership of the 2017 edition.

Last edited:
There we go. More and more people realize the Grammys are lame every year. And why watch when you can catch performances online?

There we go. More and more people realize the Grammys are lame every year. And why watch when you can catch performances online?

Last night, my gf and I watched 2 hours of AFV on ABC instead of the Grammys. And they were BOTH reruns. :wink: Caught some performances. I liked the Kesha performance. Sting too. Shaggy and Sting? Kooky. Did catch U2's performance. I thought it was fine. Didn't hear the "shithole" until tonight. :wink:

Not surprised. I don’t think I saw a single status update on Facebook on my news feed about it during the awards. It used to be filled with commentary on performances, dresses etc. These old fashioned 3 hour TV awards shows are going to be increasingly irrelevant as time goes on.

Can the same be said of the Academy Awards and the Golden Globes?

8. Childish Gambino ..........

his smoldering gazes at the camera got us all a little pregnant.

That is all we should see to understand the reviewer's level of intellectuality.

Lol....that's so sad.

My folks learned “how to stream” this year and gave up TV. More and more people are giving up regular/ live tv. These ratings will continue to go down until the old networks catchup with the new.

My folks learned “how to stream” this year and gave up TV. More and more people are giving up regular/ live tv. These ratings will continue to go down until the old networks catchup with the new.

Haha same thing with my parents! I bought them a roku for Christmas a few years ago. At first I don't think they knew what it was for like a year. Then I showed them all the shows they can watch, on demand, at the click of a button. At first they thought it was something illegal, until I explained how streaming services work. Now I don't think they even remember live television exists!!

My Grandparents are in their 80's, and oddly enough they watched the Grammy's (only to see Elton). Grandpa said "I've never heard so much bad music in my life!"

Breaking Bad is a top 3 show all time.

Game of Thrones
Breaking Bad
Lost
Dexter season 1-4 (4 was amazing)

I give them a lot of credit for that performance. It takes a great deal of courage for a music artist to call out Trump these days, particularly on a show like the Grammys.

I think it's safe to say U2 is squarely back on the cutting edge and no one can doubt their relevance anymore.

:lol:

Last night, my gf and I watched 2 hours of AFV on ABC instead of the Grammys. And they were BOTH reruns. :wink:

I watched that, too. But Grandma was here and she wouldn't have enjoyed the Grammys, anyway.

Last edited:
I read that every guest received a grab bag worth $30k.

Kind of insane to think that they give out $30k worth of things just for showing up. The last party I went to I left with a couple of plastic spiders and a lollipop...#winning

I read that every guest received a grab bag worth $30k.

Kind of insane to think that they give out $30k worth of things just for showing up. The last party I went to I left with a couple of plastic spiders and a lollipop...#winning

I know this has nothing to do with U2, but I noticed that in your username, it has Kramer in it and first thing that popped into my head was John Kramer. Sorry for my Saw reference.

Hello, Amanda. You don't know me, but I know you. I want to play a game. Here's what happens if you lose. The device you're wearing is hooked into your upper and lower jaws. When the timer at the back goes off, your mouth will be permanently ripped open. Think of it like a reverse bear trap. :reject:

Back
Top Bottom