U2 to headline Dreamforce in San Francisco, October 2016!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalDrug

Rock n' Roll Doggie
My company, Salesforce (we sponsored the Innocence & Experience Tour) announced this morning that U2 will be headlining our Dreamforce conference in San Francisco. Dreamforce 2016 will be October 4-7, and it's the largest technology conference in the world. Melinda Gates will be speaking this year, and past speakers have included Hillary Clinton, Al Gore, and Bill Clinton.

The Dreamforce concert is a charity fundraiser for Benioff Children's Hospitals in San Francisco and Oakland. As you know, U2 very rarely agrees to corporate-type events, but given our core commitment to philanthropy and our 1-1-1 model, we've been able to team up with them to do something very special.

So happy to finally be able to share this news! :love:

Does this mean they'll play One three times? Ax will be thrilled.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

^ :lol:

...trying to remember: has U2 done any other corporate affiliations before, other than Apple? Like, where they played an event as a band? I think they agreed to do Apple only because it was to benefit the One Campaign and for RED. Once again, this is for charity.

Have there been any others?

I want to know with over 100K attendees, (over 150k?)...how will you choose who gets in the 11k seat venue!

U2's people will pick the prettiest attendees. The unlucky, unwashed conference attendees can sit down in protest.

Does this mean they'll play One three times? Ax will be thrilled.

Oh boy, what a show that would be! I hope that it's the karaoke IE Tour version! :hyper:

^ :lol:

...trying to remember: has U2 done any other corporate affiliations before, other than Apple? Like, where they played an event as a band? I think they agreed to do Apple only because it was to benefit the One Campaign and for RED. Once again, this is for charity.

Have there been any others?

Not that I can recall, but then I am both sleep deprived and hungover right now so I expect to be wrong.

Oh boy, what a show that would be! I hope that it's the karaoke IE Tour version! :hyper:

Actually, rumour has it that it will be an Adele-like piano version.

Just saw U2.com is having a Dreamfest ticket raffle for west coast subscribers:
U2 > Sign In

Attention US West Coast Subscribers...

Like to be entered in a draw with the chance to see the band perform at the Dreamforce benefit show for USCF Childrens Hospital* at the Cow Palace Arena in San Francisco?

Will you be in the San Francisco Bay Area on Wednesday, October 5th?
We have a limited number of pairs of tickets up for grabs if you can answer yes to all the above.

Enter here and we will make sure your name goes in the hat.

*Read more about the people, programs and services at UCSF Benioff Children's Hospitals.

Yes, wondering if anyone has won?! Waiting expectantly... ?

If they send out a mass email, yes.

O well, I would have loved to win and go.
But I have never won a draw/lottery/contest, so not surprised that I didn't win this time either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom