U2 to headline Dreamforce in San Francisco, October 2016!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a registered Independent who voted for Bernie in our states primary, but i have to ask, which Republican would you have voted for?

4 years ago Romney was somewhat socially moderate and fiscally conservative, did you pull the lever for him or did you pull the lever for Obama?
I voted for Romney.

Thanks.

A vote Trump is disgusting.

C1t2dRoGBYZyw.gif

Economic policy, tax cuts, stronger foreign policy, pro life, build the wall, ending our horrible trade agreements (NAFTA,etc), Supreme Court justices, etc are all issues I agree with Trump on.
Can't find a single significant issue that I agree with Hillary on.

Well

1) Trump doesn't actually explain any of his policy because he very clearly just makes it up, so if you can't see that, I don't know what to say. He even goes so far as to back himself up by saying he's going to surround himself with people who know wheat they're talking about. Basically because he clearly doesn't.

2) he's not pro life, dream on

3) describe a "stronger foreign policy" because that clearly is an example of not describing anything. Unless by "stronger" you mean go back into Iraq, drop a ton more bombs, etc. etc. to which I'll say you don't fundamentally understand the problem.

4) "building the wall" is about one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. We can pretend it's not a prejudiced and xenophobic symbol, even though it is. But just under that assumption, where do you think illegal immigrants typically enter the US from? Mexico's land border? Ok. You again don't fundamentally understand what you perceive to be an issue. So, under the assumption that I thought we had some form of immigration crisis, I don't think building a wall would be a great allocation of resources and funding. I think I'd focus a little bit more on where most people slip in from... a plane ticket. You're oblivious and ignorant as fuck if you think building a wall has some form of actual effectiveness towards curbing illegal immigrants from entering this country.

5) Supreme Court justices end up being just another candy ass way of saying "I have prejudiced morals and I don't want people to have the same types of equality and justice as I do."

I voted for Romney.

Thanks.

A vote Trump is disgusting.

Your welcome, the first part of my question was however which Republican would you have voted for (this time around)?

And obviously you don't have to answer it's kind of a personal question.

Personally i think a vote for Hillary is disgusting, and yet a few months ago here i was a vocal supporter of hers (sort of anyway).

Wow.

Can we just have a show of hands from the morons of this board who are voting Trump? I don't want to have to log off and go over to FYM to read all the drivel to figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I can bet, that if there are trump supporters here and they are not in fact xenophobic or bigoted, one day they will really really regret saying what they have over here in support of him.

He is a spoilt child with the worst instincts. 'Those who are not so strong' is what he said about heroic soldiers who suffer from combat-related mental trauma. Don't give me context, not a world of context makes that better.

He has baited a grieving mother of a fallen soldier, who just happened to be muslim. He called a latina a house keeper and now sees nothing wrong with that statement. These two things were targeted attacks, but the veteran thing was said when he was trying to be complimentary. That is how fundamentally corrupt he is, how intrinsically unaware and uncaring of anyone's plight but his own.

Hillary Clinton is far, far from an ideal choice. But even then, and I am sorry I am being so condemning about this because normally I am not so, but supporting Trump is shameful.

And that is why I applaud Bono and U2 for doing this. Yes, the interview style was a bit clunky, but he deserves plaudits for calling you people out as much as trump. If you are not bigoted then it's a clear failing of good sense, and I hope you recover that soon. If you are bigoted and xenophobic and are on board with trump's core message, then I don't have anything to say to you but that I hope we never meet.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

Wow.

Can we just have a show of hands from the morons of this board who are voting Trump? I don't want to have to log off and go over to FYM to read all the drivel to figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Each and every person has the right to vote for whomever they chose. Whiny celebrity opinions and message board peer pressure be damned.

If someone wants to call me a moron because i may choose to vote for TRUMP then i guess that is their opinion. I won't bother to return the "favor" because that's not who i am today. Whatever the end result is i will survive.

For the record, i don't post in FYM much these days because i don't really care for this discussion. However if it pops up in EYKIW then i guess we are all supposed to ignore it?

No, why ignore it? This is a U2 dreamforce thread, and trump is very much part of the discussion

I can bet, that if there are trump supporters here and they are not in fact xenophobic or bigoted, one day they will really really regret saying what they have over here in support of him.

He is a spoilt child with the worst instincts. 'Those who are not so strong' is what he said about heroic soldiers who suffer from combat-related mental trauma. Don't give me context, not a world of context makes that better.

I do want to talk specifically about TRUMP and veterans since you brought it up. It is about context and not what the media wants you to think it is. There is nothing wrong with what was said here, and many veterans, like myself, agree:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/10/03/critics-exploded-over-trumps-ptsd-comments-but-many-veterans-who-support-him-dont-care/

But Trump’s supporters who have served quickly said his remarks were being exaggerated for effect in the media. Former Marine Staff Sgt. Chad Robichaux, a combat veteran who served in Force Reconnaissance units and asked Trump the question, defended him in a statement released to news organizations.

“I think it’s sickening that anyone would twist Mr. Trump’s comments to me in order to pursue a political agenda,” said Robichaux, who was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress. “I took his comments to be thoughtful and understanding of the struggles many veterans have, and I believe he is committed to helping them.”

Others defended him online, saying he was drawing attention to veterans issues that need to be discussed. Trump, who has polled well with veterans, has often said that 22 veterans commit suicide each day, and did so again Monday. That’s based on 2013 data from the Department of Veterans Affairs, but new statistics released in July show that 20 veterans are still lost to suicide daily.

Now let's keep in mind that Hillary Clinton VOTED FOR the Iraq war, and it's well documented how she actually treats active duty servicemembers and others who she must feel are beneath her.

https://www.facebook.com/kilonine?hc_ref=SEARCH&fref=nf

Eric Bonner
July 28 · Portland, OR ·
I'm not Voting for Clinton.
It has nothing to do with her views. It really doesn't even matter about all the laws she broke.
It's because She actually talked to me once. Almost a sentence. But first, some background.
Being a K9 handler in the Military I got to do a few details involving Distinguished Visitors. Mostly Generals, DOD Officials, and Secretaries of Defense. I was lucky enough to pull two awesome details. George W Bush, and Obama.
GW looked at me, said "Man, who'd you piss off" high fived me, and continued on. I was climbing down from a catwalk I stood on for 4 hours with nothing but Dust and a radio to keep me company. The radio died early on. It was pretty sweet.
Obama, as he was walking out to his plane in Turkey, said "What the hell kind of dog is that?!" In reference to Suli.
One of my Last details was for Hillary when she was Secretary of State. She was in Turkey for whatever reason. I helped with sweeps of her DV Quarters and staff vehicles. Her words to me? "Get that Fucking dog away from me." Then she turns to her Security Detail and berates them up and down about why that animal was in her quarters. For the next 20 minutes while I sit there waiting to be released she lays into her detail, slamming the door in their faces when she's done. The Detail lead walks over apologizes and releases me. I apologize to him for getting him in trouble. His words "Happens every day, Brother"
Hillary doesn't care about anyone but Hillary

Mrs. Garrison has used enough "i," "your" instead of "you're", and strangely "TRUMP" instead of Trump (all uncharacteristic) which leads me to believe he's been hacked, is intentionally playing the character of Mrs. Garrison from South Park, or has been infected with the T(rump) virus. Braiiiinnzzzz.

Sorry to interrupt about the music played, but Adam really kicks ass with the bass parts, makes the songs sound fuller.

Yep, I heard the bass parts loud and clear on the Mixlr stream. Sounded great.

I really wish we didn't have to wait until next year for more live shows.

You can say that voting for Trump doesn't make you a racist. But it is unarguable -- based on his policy proposals -- that you are, in fact, voting for racist policies.

There's really no way around that.

You may think you can put up with a little racism because of other issues you find important, but don't act all aghast and huffy when people point out that you are voting for racist policies.

Mrs. Garrison has used enough "i," "your" instead of "you're", and strangely "TRUMP" instead of Trump (all uncharacteristic) which leads me to believe he's been hacked, is intentionally playing the character of Mrs. Garrison from South Park, or has been infected with the T(rump) virus. Braiiiinnzzzz.

here is some food for thought.

What kind of conference?

I was just at AIAA SPACE in California. That was a 4-5 day conference. I believe the rates were anywhere from $1200-1500 depending upon registration type. Typically those fees are sponsored by whatever institution you're from of course. Personally, I was in on a master's student rate, so I paid $200 but I had to pay out of pocket unlike most people there.

I've seen other 3 day conferences fun like $500-600 as well. There was an ASCE Engineering for Extreme Space Environments conference that something I worked on was being presented at. They didn't have student rates though so I didn't go.

Fair note, these are tech conferences. So perhaps it depends upon the conference type? But the AIAA SPACE one that I was at was massive. So, size obviously plays a factor.

this sounds cool as fuck.

You can say that voting for Trump doesn't make you a racist. But it is unarguable -- based on his policy proposals -- that you are, in fact, voting for racist policies.

There's really no way around that.

You may think you can put up with a little racism because of other issues you find important, but don't act all aghast and huffy when people point out that you are voting for racist policies.

Are you addressing me....I don't recall acting huffy....where does that come from? I guess i am the new John Malkovich :shrug:

If we're going to believe a Facebook post, why not believe Ivana when she said TRUMP raped her because he was upset about his hair transplant?

I have no idea if the FB post is true or not honestly. But i can tell you stories like that were everywhere when i was active duty, who knows, maybe they were all made up?

this sounds cool as fuck.

For AIAA SPACE I literally got to listen to people's space mission architectures for various ideas. Like, for example, one paper was a space mission architecture of a hotel and restaurant in orbit. Plus, I dined a mere 15-20 feet away from Jeff Bezos as he accepted an award.

Are you addressing me....I don't recall acting huffy....where does that come from? I guess i am the new John Malkovich :shrug:

I have no idea if the FB post is true or not honestly. But i can tell you stories like that were everywhere when i was active duty, who knows, maybe they were all made up?

First comment was in general. "I'm not a racist but I vote for racist policies."

Second, do you really think secondhand hearsay is an appropriate criteria for choosing a president? And do you think that there's any way that Hillary is more terrible/disrespectful to her fellow human beings than Donald "Miss Housekeeping" Trump?

I do want to talk specifically about TRUMP and veterans since you brought it up. It is about context and not what the media wants you to think it is. There is nothing wrong with what was said here, and many veterans, like myself, agree:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-but-many-veterans-who-support-him-dont-care/

Now let's keep in mind that Hillary Clinton VOTED FOR the Iraq war, and it's well documented how she actually treats active duty servicemembers and others who she must feel are beneath her.

https://www.facebook.com/kilonine?hc_ref=SEARCH&fref=nf

Great that you want to talk about it. I think we are all making some assumptions here, so am not going to call you out for assuming that I was swayed by the media in this matter. But no, I wasn't. I was watching his speech there and let out an involuntary gasp when I heard him say that. Some are not so strong.

If you read my post that you quoted, I said it was precisely because he was trying to be complimentary and sympathetic in that appearance that this should be eye-opening. He cannot, even when he tries, have empathy. I understand your context... he has been drawing attention to their plight. The difference is you think he is sincere and I think it is politically expedient. Evidence: he said he does not think McCain is a war hero because was captured. What. The. Fuck.

And please, don't come at me with the Hillary stuff. I don't hold her up or applaud her because she has cleared a very, very low bar: she is better than Trump. Only against each other can one of these two be elected, but Trump is so much worse.

EDIT: about the mental health thing, anyone who has studied effects of illness even a little bit or has even just read an article on it will know that it is very damaging to say that those suffering from depression or some sort of trauma are not as strong as others. That somehow others can just power past the doldrums. It militates against understanding and appreciating the hardships these problems cause and prevents people, especially those in armed forces, from seeking help.

Last edited:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/10/03/critics-exploded-over-trumps-ptsd-comments-but-many-veterans-who-support-him-dont-care/

You do realize that Trump's most recent baffling, incoherent and insulting remarks toward veterans are only this week's edition? The way he speaks about veterans has been an achilles heel for him all year. He really doesn't give a fuck about veterans, or anything besides getting elected, really. Everyone is just pointing out the obvious.

Insensitive corporate stooge vs out of touch lifetime politician, who cares, it's all bad.

First comment was in general. "I'm not a racist but I vote for racist policies."

Second, do you really think secondhand hearsay is an appropriate criteria for choosing a president? And do you think that there's any way that Hillary is more terrible/disrespectful to her fellow human beings than Donald "Miss Housekeeping" Trump?

I don't necessarily believe that keeping the country safe and secure is racist. If i did then i suppose it is racist to be in the military.

Why do people live in gated communities? Why not just tear down every wall, fence, etc?

I believe there is a rather substantial difference between words and actions. If some asshole makes a comment that is offensive then he is an asshole. If some other asshole has voted for a war that has resulted in the destruction and destabilization of an entire country - hell - region, of which a new and more vicious terror organization has been created, and this asshole has been responsible for losing sensitive classified documents - potentially putting more lives at risk - and then lying about it, and then lying about the lies, and then having her husband's former appointees cover it up for her, meanwhile her "charity" organization is taking money from people who torture/rape/murder women, gays, and many other people, then that person is a much larger asshole.

We've seen the much larger asshole in action, so to answer your question i do believe that HRC is more terrible/disrespectful to her fellow human beings than her opponent.

And please note, i am being civil and not "huffy" as you put it earlier. FWIW i had a Huffy bicycle as a child and it was yellow and blue.

I don't necessarily believe that keeping the country safe and secure is racist. If i did then i suppose it is racist to be in the military.

Why do people live in gated communities? Why not just tear down every wall, fence, etc?

I believe there is a rather substantial difference between words and actions. If some asshole makes a comment that is offensive then he is an asshole. If some other asshole has voted for a war that has resulted in the destruction and destabilization of an entire country - hell - region, of which a new and more vicious terror organization has been created, and this asshole has been responsible for losing sensitive classified documents - potentially putting more lives at risk - and then lying about it, and then lying about the lies, and then having her husband's former appointees cover it up for her, meanwhile her "charity" organization is taking money from people who torture/rape/murder women, gays, and many other people, then that person is a much larger asshole.

We've seen the much larger asshole in action, so to answer your question i do believe that HRC is more terrible/disrespectful to her fellow human beings than her opponent.

And please note, i am being civil and not "huffy" as you put it earlier. FWIW i had a Huffy bicycle as a child and it was yellow and blue.

If Trump was in that position, would he not have voted for the war? Despite his proclamations, the one time he spoke about it before Iraq turned into a shitstorm, he said the invasion was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom