U2 to headline Dreamforce in San Francisco, October 2016!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone thinks or expects anything exciting from Dreamfest. The only thing that provides 0.01% interest is the u2start tweet, and logically that would be the Kygo gigs on 14/15.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

They rehearsed California ... that is exciting enough these times ...

So U2 playing Dreamfest makes sense because of their Salesforce connection, the Benioff connection (Bono and Oseary are quite close with him), the (RED) connection, and because of the UCSFB Hospital charity event.

I think this is probably a good list of why they're doing this (and in that order). It's just a little unusual for U2 to be doing corporate gigs like this. I understand the charity, but lets face it U2 could do a week's worth of concerts and donate all the profits to charity if they wanted. I'm pretty sure this must be part of a business agreement with Salesforce, and I don't believe they're doing this show out of altruism.

No Nick, did you not get your invite? They are doing this whole thing for Larry, and hoping you will save his face.

Sorry mate, been there done that! Still got the scars to prove it. :(

Last edited:
I know.

And I know it sounds like I'm being grumpy about this. I've never been one to have a go at U2 for "selling out." I've never really made that argument about them, given they haven't hid their commercial aspirations.

And I didn't have a problem with any of their partnerships with Apple...Apple among many things is a music company and after all U2 was tied to that and promoting their own music. I didn't even have a problem with their last go round with Apple. The partnership and idea was fine (though it was botched in the execution). And Apple and Steve Jobs were pop culture and cool. Steve Jobs and the iPod was the most important thing to happen to music since Thomas Edison and the phonograph. U2 is a part of that legacy. It benefitted both brand's image to be associated with each other.

Here's how Salesforce™ describe themselves:

Salesforce began in 1999 with a vision of reinventing Customer Relationship Management (CRM).

:rockon:

:|

So yeah, there's always a line, and just kinda showing up and playing a paid corporate gig just rubs me the wrong way, despite their business connections to Salesforce and the "charity" cover. A lot of you disagree and that's fine, but it's just not how I think about U2. YMMV.

Last edited:
Ok. I woke up at night last time, to watch it live because of the hype to see a new song. I thin i'll stay in bed this time... :lol:

Nobody ever asks the stuff that we really want asked.

this. most people up against the barricade when the band comes out to chat (something the band actively enjoy doing, otherwise they wouldn't constantly do it/welcome it) never actually ask them anything interesting. I can think of several times where Bono has acknowledged meeting people outside and answering requests (The First Time in Chicago 05 was inspired by talking to people about Zooropa, Two Hearts and In God's Country on the I&E tour were both fan requested, etc)

I think people either aren't bold enough, or are just too "omg Bono, when are you coming to _____" or "will you sign this" to care

Does anyone honestly think that if someone had asked the band last night "Hey, when is the album coming out" or "when will we hear something new," we would have gotten anything new out of them?

They certainly got some info in Valencia a few months ago. I think it depends on their moods about how much they will say, and they certainly don't stay as in top of their previous quotes as fans do.

Does anyone honestly think that if someone had asked the band last night "Hey, when is the album coming out" or "when will we hear something new," we would have gotten anything new out of them?

Right? It's like asking someone how many people they've slept with. You usually get vague info and you under-commit.

They certainly got some info in Valencia a few months ago. I think it depends on their moods about how much they will say, and they certainly don't stay as in top of their previous quotes as fans do.

yep. maybe they wouldn't have said anything last night, but it's not like they haven't answered some cool questions before.

i genuinely feel that if everything goes to plan, we're going to hear a very special version of "walk on" and one of either "elevation" or "vertigo" as a grand finale/encore. cross your fingers, guys!

this. most people up against the barricade when the band comes out to chat (something the band actively enjoy doing, otherwise they wouldn't constantly do it/welcome it) never actually ask them anything interesting. I can think of several times where Bono has acknowledged meeting people outside and answering requests (The First Time in Chicago 05 was inspired by talking to people about Zooropa, Two Hearts and In God's Country on the I&E tour were both fan requested, etc)

I think people either aren't bold enough, or are just too "omg Bono, when are you coming to _____" or "will you sign this" to care

And Crystal Ballroom actually making it out of soundcheck and into a set seemed at least in part a result of fans hassling the band about it.

I just want somebody to ask "sooo... A Sort of Homecoming, yeah?"

So they're apparently taking down the periscope vids from yesterday's soundcheck. How bizarre, they only rehearsed a bunch of warhorses. And it's not like someone snuck in an arena or something. Seems a bit much

So they're apparently taking down the periscope vids from yesterday's soundcheck. How bizarre, they only rehearsed a bunch of warhorses. And it's not like someone snuck in an arena or something. Seems a bit much
That's very strange.

So here's my setlist prediction. There might be 3-4 more songs if they're onstage for 1 hour and 45 minutes, but I'll stick with 16.

01 - Vertigo
02 - I Will Follow
03 - California
04 - Elevation
05 - Mysterious Ways
06 - Angel of Harlem
07 - Stuck in a Moment
08 - Every Breaking Wave
09 - Bullet the Blue Sky
10 - The Hands That Built America / Pride
11 - Mother and Child Reunion / Streets
12 - Beautiful Day
13 - City of Blinding Lights
14 - Still Haven't Found
15 - With or Without You
16 - One

Last edited:
So here's my setlist prediction. There might be 3-4 more songs if they're onstage for 1 hour and 45 minutes, but I'll stick with 16.

01 - Vertigo
02 - I Will Follow
03 - California
04 - Elevation
05 - Mysterious Ways
06 - Angel of Harlem
07 - Stuck in a Moment
08 - Every Breaking Wave
09 - Bullet the Blue Sky
10 - The Hands That Built America / Pride
11 - Mother and Child Reunion / Streets
12 - Beautiful Day
13 - City of Blinding Lights
14 - Still Haven't Found
15 - With or Without You
16 - One

17. Vertigo x2

U2 is playing 5km away from me and I can't get in. I am so depressed now. God I hate these private show things.

I'm in the same boat. I will likely be watching on Periscope while having a beer along along the Embarcadero.

Depending on where you are in the city, sound travels pretty good. Last year I was in Pac Heights and heard the Jay Z Beyoncé show from AT&T peak pretty clear.

U2 is playing 5km away from me and I can't get in. I am so depressed now. God I hate these private show things.

You can see the screen from across the street according to yesterday's periscopes, I'd go anyways. You'll be able to hear them for sure. I know not the same but better than nothing?

yeah, i'm still debating going or not, it sucks to stand out but if i can get out of work first I may bite the bullet, bad timing on that front too but I really want to see them again!

Locking in my setlist prediction based on the obviously-deceptive soundcheck:

1) The Best Thing
2) Acrobat (featuring modified lyrics "Dreamforce out loud")
3) Zooropa (same modification)
4) Mercy (2004 version)
5) One Step Closer (Vertigo Tour Throwback)
6) Mofo
7) Discothèque
8) Elvis Ate America
9) North Star (Transformers version)
10) New York
11) Every Breaking Wave (2010 version)
12) Womanfish
13) A Sort of Homecoming
Catorce) Vertigo
15) Seconds
16) We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

Locking in my setlist prediction based on the obviously-deceptive soundcheck:

1) The Best Thing
2) Acrobat (featuring modified lyrics "Dreamforce out loud")
3) Zooropa (same modification)
4) Mercy (2004 version)
5) One Step Closer (Vertigo Tour Throwback)
6) Mofo
7) Discothèque
8) Elvis Ate America
9) North Star (Transformers version)
10) New York
11) Every Breaking Wave (2010 version)
12) Womanfish
13) A Sort of Homecoming
Catorce) Vertigo
15) Seconds
16) We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together