u2 thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boystupidboy

Refugee
After seeing the Letterman-U2 shows on the 'net its prompted me to post this drivel so bear with me.

I've followed u2 since 1987 after being introduced to JT by a friend from school.I loved their style of music ever since....from Pop to 'bomb' i always seem to adore their stuff.Sure them have some dud songs on each album but as a whole they never seem to let me down.

I've deliberately not listened to NLOTH for the last 3 days,giving it a rest,after forming certain opinions about most of the songs.Now ive heard a few of the tracks live on letterman the album seems to make a hell of a lot more sense.I fookin' love the album now....pretty much as a whole :applaud:
Which brings me to why i posted this waffle 'n' bollox in the first place.
30 odd u2 years on and me listening to the same group for over 20 years is a pretty long time in music world and still nobody can make music like U2....nowhere near ! I can honestly say i can't think of a another band who has done the business as long as u2.
I think sometimes i take for granted that there will be another album to look forward to,another tour to see,another live dvd to watch.i know it'll all end at some point but i'm enjoying every minute of the u2 hype :hyper:
I feel extremely lucky that i love a band that has lasted so long making relevant,kiss ass music that i never grow tired of :up:

So,in a nutshell, thanks u2 for all the superb,inspiring,beautiful songs.

BsB

this is the music I listened to when I started listening to U2:

Feargal Sharkey
Midnight Oil
INXS
aha
The Cult
Corey Hart
Frankie Goes To Hollywood
Mr. Mister
Living Colour
Men At Work
Pet Shop Boys
Tears For Fears
Thompson Twins
Information Society

No other group with original members intact or still around or well known as U2.

After all those years, their music still kicks ass. Everytime I hear an u2 song it lifts me up. I can't describe. I receive a vibe that no other band can give me. I never ever have goose bump when I here an album for the first time : U2 does !

Thanks for the wonderfull music ... :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Back
Top Bottom