U2 themed tattoos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2boys1stphotoshoot1.jpg

Thank you so much!!!

I really want to get that done, but kinda confused on where to get it, on my wrist or ankle.. This would be my first tattoo :wink:
Any advice?

^ I have tattoos on my wrist and my ankle, and can safely say that both HURT. I mean, all tattoos hurt a bit, but these ones proper hurt. However, if it's a decent tattoo, it's completely worth it. The only consideration for wrist tattoos I suppose is that they're more visible than others, but if you get one small enough you can always cover it up with a watch or a bracelet. My friend has a wrist tattoo and works in a very posh office, and has no problems.
Hope that helps :huh:

^ I have tattoos on my wrist and my ankle, and can safely say that both HURT. I mean, all tattoos hurt a bit, but these ones proper hurt. However, if it's a decent tattoo, it's completely worth it. The only consideration for wrist tattoos I suppose is that they're more visible than others, but if you get one small enough you can always cover it up with a watch or a bracelet. My friend has a wrist tattoo and works in a very posh office, and has no problems.
Hope that helps :huh:

Thanks, Im just very confused, my mom and sister are against me getting this, I love U2 so much, listen to their music everyday, and they think me getting this tattoo would be a stupid idea, and down the road im gonna regret it.. :down:

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you Mrs. Mullen? Some things you might want to consider are that you can always do it later, but it's a lot harder to take it back if you rush into it. I know I can't speak for everyone of course but a year is a pretty good length of time to give yourself to absolutely know you want it. Draw a similar design on yourself with a permanent marker (of course this will only work for simpler, smaller designs I know!)... go out in public... do you find yourself comfortable with it? Do you ever feel the need to hide it? It might sound silly but it actually can help. It's true to at least listen to their advice about possibly regretting it... If you make it through that year never feeling that you had to wash that thing off, then you're probably ok. Of course smaller designs can sometimes be hidden with jewelry or clothes when necessary, but will you need to do this every day? Also consider the amount of time you have been a (crazy :wink: ) fan of U2. And yes, there's always tomorrow. :wave:

I have 6 tattoos as of now. I'd been wanting U2 and Metallica tattoos forever. (been a fan of both bands for 20+ years) I got my Metallica tattoo for Christmas. U2 is next. Just gotta decide what I want and where I want it.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you Mrs. Mullen? Some things you might want to consider are that you can always do it later, but it's a lot harder to take it back if you rush into it. I know I can't speak for everyone of course but a year is a pretty good length of time to give yourself to absolutely know you want it. Draw a similar design on yourself with a permanent marker (of course this will only work for simpler, smaller designs I know!)... go out in public... do you find yourself comfortable with it? Do you ever feel the need to hide it? It might sound silly but it actually can help. It's true to at least listen to their advice about possibly regretting it... If you make it through that year never feeling that you had to wash that thing off, then you're probably ok. Of course smaller designs can sometimes be hidden with jewelry or clothes when necessary, but will you need to do this every day? Also consider the amount of time you have been a (crazy :wink: ) fan of U2. And yes, there's always tomorrow. :wave:

LOL, great advice turning 20 March 3rd, so yeah I have been a U2 fan for quite some time! I want something small though, U2 related
This band means so much to me.

LOL, great advice turning 20 March 3rd, so yeah I have been a U2 fan for quite some time! I want something small though, U2 related
This band means so much to me.

Ah ok cool, I just thought if you were only 16 or so you might wait a bit longer :wink:
I think then what you want is very reasonable for a first tattoo :up:
I know it sounds funny about drawing it on yourself but I'm not kidding! It can get you used to the idea of seeing it there 24/7 and knowing for sure you want it there forever!

Ah ok cool, I just thought if you were only 16 or so you might wait a bit longer :wink:
I think then what you want is very reasonable for a first tattoo :up:
I know it sounds funny about drawing it on yourself but I'm not kidding! It can get you used to the idea of seeing it there 24/7 and knowing for sure you want it there forever!

LOL, I can see how you thought I was sixteen (my user name) honestly couldn't come up with a good user name :lol: no but yeah I really like the idea of the outline of the picture I posted earlier, just need to know if its a good idea or stupid ??

LOL, I can see how you thought I was sixteen (my user name) honestly couldn't come up with a good user name :lol: no but yeah I really like the idea of the outline of the picture I posted earlier, just need to know if its a good idea or stupid ??

Oh no I really had no idea about your age, you really can't tell anything from a username, that I know! It's just I've known teens who rushed into tattoos and regret it later, and also those who thought they really wanted it, but decided to give it a waiting period, and then were SO glad they didn't do it! :lol:

I like your idea (you mean the silhouette like the icon right?) but it might be hard to do that with a small tattoo, as there is the alot of small negative space between their legs and heads, and you probably don't want something with so much solid black to be real big either. (Unless you were just thinking of the whole thing as an outline?) I could be totally wrong about all that though!! The best thing to do is talk to the tattoo artists though because I am no expert of course and can't really give that kind of advice! But that is just the first thing I thought of on that pic. But really the best thing is to have a lot of communication with the artist! :)

Oh no I really had no idea about your age, you really can't tell anything from a username, that I know! It's just I've known teens who rushed into tattoos and regret it later, and also those who thought they really wanted it, but decided to give it a waiting period, and then were SO glad they didn't do it! :lol:

I like your idea (you mean the silhouette like the icon right?) but it might be hard to do that with a small tattoo, as there is the alot of small negative space between their legs and heads, and you probably don't want something with so much solid black to be real big either. (Unless you were just thinking of the whole thing as an outline?) I could be totally wrong about all that though!! The best thing to do is talk to the tattoo artists though because I am no expert of course and can't really give that kind of advice! But that is just the first thing I thought of on that pic. But really the best thing is to have a lot of communication with the artist! :)

Haha, yeah the icon I posted earlier, I was thinking about getting that near my ankle, the band will be filled in black and the words will not be colored in, Im defiently going talk to a tatto artist, way before, and right now im just looking around for more ideas, I have been searching trhough Amazon looking inside of the U2 books for some ideas. Also im not sure if you have U2 related symbols, I know some were posted before like the heart in the suit case, etc. are there any others, thanks :)

Haha, yeah the icon I posted earlier, I was thinking about getting that near my ankle, the band will be filled in black and the words will not be colored in, Im defiently going talk to a tatto artist, way before, and right now im just looking around for more ideas, I have been searching trhough Amazon looking inside of the U2 books for some ideas. Also im not sure if you have U2 related symbols, I know some were posted before like the heart in the suit case, etc. are there any others, thanks :)

Oh yeah! Have you checked through this whole thread yet? That's one good thing about U2, they're kind of symbol crazy! :lol: There's a symbol for every song on the ATYCLB album, lots of symbols related to Achtung Baby and Zooropa.

Here are some threads with symbols

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f285/atyclb-symbols-188032.html

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f195/logos-symbols-request-200016.html

This one is new so keep an eye on it :hmm:
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f195/joshua-tree-and-heart-suitcase-logo-symbol-gif-204752.html

Oh yeah! Have you checked through this whole thread yet? That's one good thing about U2, they're kind of symbol crazy! :lol: There's a symbol for every song on the ATYCLB album, lots of symbols related to Achtung Baby and Zooropa.

Here are some threads with symbols

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f285/atyclb-symbols-188032.html

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f195/logos-symbols-request-200016.html

This one is new so keep an eye on it :hmm:
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f195/joshua-tree-and-heart-suitcase-logo-symbol-gif-204752.html

Yeah I have seen them all, thanks a lot! Still searching, stuck on either to get the icon idea or the butterfly :lol:

What is your U2 related tattoo of, if you don't mind me asking..
thanks, good luck to you too :D better not to rush it, and take time thinking about it!

I have a blue star on my wrist (I posted a pic earlier in this thread)
Here it is with a bunch more drawings from the ZooTV DVD (the star in the upper right corner)
ZooDoodles-1.jpg

and on Bono's hat :wink:
bonoharmonicazootvrunningtostandsti.jpg

and a small heart patterned after the artwork from HTDAAB on my shoulder
(from the HTDAAB book)
HTDAABheart.jpg

and from the Original of the Species video
hearttattoo.jpg

like Bono's tattoo :wink:

I had designed this one which I was inspired by Larry's tattoo on his shoulder.

HennaTattoo-Sun-1-1.jpg

I didn't get it as a real one, only got it as a henna (i'm underage and my mom/dad would NEVER sign for me to get a tattoo...)
I didn't tell them I was going to get it coz I knew they would do anything to not let me get it.. so then I got grounded when they saw it :gah: (but they liked it after a while though :p)

Just been going through this thread, cos I've been interested in getting a U2 tatt for years!
For the people out there that are uncertain in any way - this might sound a bit silly; but printable tattoo paper is awesome! You can print out different design ideas and muck about with placement, til you get it right. I just tried it a minute ago! :lol:

tattooexample.jpg

I approve of that design. :wink:
Ooh, is it you that had it done it blue? I've just skimmed through the entire thread, so my mind's a blur of U2 tattoos! :lol:
If so, I promise I'm not stealing the design, haha! It was just a cool one to try out. I actually want the heart in a suitcase, but haven't found a good outline of it so far!

I had designed this one which I was inspired by Larry's tattoo on his shoulder.

HennaTattoo-Sun-1-1.jpg

I didn't get it as a real one, only got it as a henna (i'm underage and my mom/dad would NEVER sign for me to get a tattoo...)
I didn't tell them I was going to get it coz I knew they would do anything to not let me get it.. so then I got grounded when they saw it :gah: (but they liked it after a while though :p)

That is really cool. I'm glad your parents like it now.

Ooh, is it you that had it done it blue? I've just skimmed through the entire thread, so my mind's a blur of U2 tattoos! :lol:
If so, I promise I'm not stealing the design, haha! It was just a cool one to try out. I actually want the heart in a suitcase, but haven't found a good outline of it so far!

Yeah it's me, but no worries about stealing the design. I stole it from U2 first. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom