U2 stadium/festival Tour Europe in 2016?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phommel

Refugee
Maybe it has been posted somewhere else already? Couldn't find it.

But Irish concert promotor talked about possibility of U2 playing Croke Park in 2016 (and explicitely said 2015 is no option). This fits with earlier comments of Dutch Pinkpop Festival director Jan Smeets, who stated that they are trying to get U2 to Pinkpop in 2016, since in 2015 they are not touring.

Seems that the U2 camp is aiming at stadium (and festival?) concerts in Europe spring/summer 2016.

If true, that's a bit disappointing in my opinion, since I was realy looking forward to an indoor gig! Of course, still possible we get the indoor concerts in 2015, followed by outdoor/stadiums in 2016?

We've been discussing this in the album forum, though the Pink Pop thing is new to me. I doubt it, though, I have a feeling U2 won't do any more festivals after Glasto, but who knows.

It's been said by various sources including people from the U2 camp that the band will tour in 2015 and will be playing indoors. It's not unusual for them or any other band or artist to be on tour for 2 or 3 years with both indoor and outdoor shows.

I also wouldn't rely too much on the Croke Park rumour, they are in talks, all right, but after the whole Garth Brooks fiasco I don't know if U2 are really willing to play there again.

I'm really skeptical about U2 playing another festival Don't think its gonna happen. But if its gonna happen its probably happening in Holland.

Why?

1. Its in Holland , Guaranteed to be sold out. Since Holland :heart: U2.
2. We don't care about tax " evasion" :angry::wink:
3. Promotor Jan Smeets (pinkpop) is pretty amazing in the sense of - He will do ANYTHING, to get them to play.
Extra wishes? Catwalks, Claws etc. No problem. Huge difference between Eavis ad co.
4. The right crowd. Not filled with young hipsters, its just families, young kids who know the good stuff from years back.
And old people. Ideal crowd for them. No offense.

I thought he said 2015 "wasn't an option" rather than that U2 isn't touring in 2015. That was what got us to speculate that 2015 they'd be touring, since they wouldn't have time for a festival that way.

I also wouldn't rely too much on the Croke Park rumour, they are in talks, all right, but after the whole Garth Brooks fiasco I don't know if U2 are really willing to play there again.

Garth Brooks fiasco was mainly because organisers sold tickets on the basis of 5 concerts without having the necessary authorisations. I don't think there would be a problem with U2 playing 3 (or fewer) concerts, this is what they did in 2005 and 2009.

Yeah, I wouldn't put money on that. After Glasto was perceived a bum in their own eyes, they're not burning their hands on a festival ever again.

Back
Top Bottom