U2 Songs You Didn't Like, But Now Love.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DevilsShoes

War Child
When I first heard Bad, I didn't get it at all. I had read about it being a bit of a show-stealer, but I felt pretty indifferent about it. It took many repeat listens of both the album version and the live renditions, before it finally clicked into place.

Now I can say that its undoubtedly my all-time favourite U2 song and I still get a shiver down my spine whenever I hear the beginning of that sequencer pattern in the live shows.

Other songs I didn't get at first, but now love include:

UTEOTW
Please
Mofo

Any songs you didn't 'get' at first but now really enjoy? :hmm:

Staring at the sun....that's really the only one I can think of (+ perhaps the second half of Joshua Tree which for a few years I wasn't too excited about but now love!)

Dirty Day and Babyface - Not too long ago I really disliked them, in fact you can find posts of mine on this board where I express my extreme distaste for Dirty Day haha....but I don't know how, I just love the song now. It's definitely not in my top 20 or anything like that, but it's a great song nonetheless. I think perhaps the live versions in Adelaide and Sydney got to me :hmm:

I love where Babyface fits in after Zooropa, and it's just an awesome track haha...I know it has some questionable aspects to it, but it's great! It sort of grew on me, give it a chance :)

Probably the whole October, sure I did like Tommorow, Gloria and October... but now the whole album is growing to be one of my favorite :heart:

Where The Streets Have No Name

Yes, it's true. I thought it had such a slow and boring intro and I only listened like 30 seconds of the intro before switching song. Then I decided to listen through every song on The Joshua Tree, from beginning to end even if I didn't think they began good. That's when... OMFG!! This song is godly! Now it's one of the best songs I've ever heard and rated 5/5 on my MP3 (believe me, that's hard). :love:

Edit: Oh, and Gloria was a tough one for me in the beginning but it's growing. It's growing on me.

She wore.....

Lemon..........At first - didn't like, didn't get, what in the world was he singing about??? Now, I love it, one of my all time favs!!! There's a few more, but for now that is all I have time to list.

Ciao

Stay. Thought it won the "Most Boring Song" of U2's catalogue until I listened to it again--really listened to it--one day about a year ago. Have loved it ever since.

Love is Blindness (studio) and Gone. These days Gone is one of my favourites.

I wasn't too crazy abour Fire, but now I actually like it.
Also Indian Summer Sky was a song that I didn't bother listening too, but I think it's a good song now.

Last edited:
Gone, Mofo, WOWY (seriously), Desire, Babyface, Some Days Are Better Than Others, TTTYAATW, Tomorrow... that's all I can think of off of the top of my head.

Zooropa and Luminous Times stand out because I hated both of them to begin with, and now they are in my top 5 most played. But I find that lots of U2's catalogue evolves as I do. Pretty much every time I revisist a song I haven't listened to in a while, I get new meaning.

Back
Top Bottom