U2’s Joshua tree vandalised: people are soooo stupid!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
anyone knows HOW to get to the tree?

I'm going to be in the Los Angles / Arizona area in May so I would like to see the tree, even in it's state.

Didn't someone die trying to find it because they were ill prepared to wander through a California desert?

That's crazy! But there are people that die every year out in Death Valley. It gets so super hot. They become disoriented and croak. But the tree isn't that far from the road. Weird he didn't just go back to his car.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

If you read the thread, they made the same mistake many people do and went to the wrong place to look for the tree.

Whoa! And they weren't even in the right spot!! Never mind. Don't go hiking in the desert when it's over a 100 degrees people!!!

This is the first time I've heard about this. I feel sorry that a person died over it but holy shit that is an extreme lack of preparation and research. Not sure what would possess anybody to just aimlessly drive off into the Mojave like that without being sure of where you're going. The actual tree location is really not that hard to find at all.

i didn't realize that it wasn't really in joshua tree national park until recently... which was a bummer as i'm going to be in palm springs in may and was considering shooting over there.

i've already got a picture in front of the castle from the UF cover and the docklands on October's cover, and i'm going to france next year so i'll be able to pick up all that you can't leave behind... so all i need is to take a picture in front of the tree and shirtless behind a kneeled larry mullen and i'll complete the whole set.

i didn't realize that it wasn't really in joshua tree national park until recently... which was a bummer as i'm going to be in palm springs in may and was considering shooting over there.

i've already got a picture in front of the castle from the UF cover and the docklands on October's cover, and i'm going to france next year so i'll be able to pick up all that you can't leave behind... so all i need is to take a picture in front of the tree and shirtless behind a kneeled larry mullen and i'll complete the whole set.

Now you just need to find a ledge of a wall to sit on with bad posture looking totally disinterested and you got the Bomb cover taken care of. If you want you can also slap around a kid and take his pic to recreate WAR if you want to just for fun too.

Now you just need to find a ledge of a wall to sit on with bad posture looking totally disinterested and you got the Bomb cover taken care of.

omg they look proper shifty geezers on that one :lol:

I look forward to your recreation of the Adam shoot from AB. :up::up::up:

andouille-mini-dogs-l.jpg

The Harmony Motel is right on 29 Palms Highway and not far from one of the entrances to Joshua Tree National Park. I know it's not the tree but you can get a picture in front of there like the band did. :)

It's really not good news. Those metal rods and anchor screws will be there long after the tree naturally decays and I'm sure construction adhesive is great for the environment. If he really wanted to help he should have picked up all of the garbage people leave out there, including the guitars and that "cool" patch he was fawning over.

Headache, I've stayed at the Harmony several times. The owner can be a bit annoying but it's a definitely a decent off-the-beaten-path experience. The sign has recently been restored. Worth a look if you're in the area.

Back
Top Bottom