U2 related things in Ireland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

astepcloser24

The Fly
I'm going to Ireland in March '09 and I'd like to see U2 related things. We're landing in Dublin and seeing all the traditional things, including the Cliffs of Moher, the Blarney Stone, and the Ring of Kerry. Any suggestions would be most appreciated! Thanks.

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. I wasn't quite sure where to put it. Feel free to move it at your discretion.

I had a weekend in Dublin earlier in the month and without looking U2 does pop up here and there. The Clarence Hotel would be worth a nose around, and the Hard Rock Cafe there has one of the Zoo TV Trabants among other things.

Outside of Dublin, I would want to visit Slane Castle just to imagine what the 2001 shows would have been like :love:

I did a few of the U2 sights while I was in Dublin. My favorite was Bono's house. The best view is from the DART (the local train) station and while walking on the beach below his house. You can walk up the street to the front, but all you can see is a huge gate and rock wall. I am not sure if we are supposed to give addresses out, so to be safe I won't. However, it is easy to find on the internet, I am not much of a sleuth and I found it. To get to the general area, take the DART from the Tara street station in downtown and go South to Killiney. The train ride along the sea is itself worth the time. I also would recommend another non-U2 activity. Spend some time walking around the Temple Bar area and if possible go to one of the pubs and listen to some Irish music. That was my favorite part of going to Dublin. Enjoy the trip!

Back
Top Bottom