U2 projects that never saw the light of day...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would love to hear the demo of Every Breaking Wave that they wanted to release with NLOTH and then canned in the very last minute. And every other (newer?) version of the song.

And the Rubin sessions.

I remember reading the description of Every Breaking Wave in the exclusive Q magazine preview of NLOTH & was excited to hear said version but it never came. :(

There was of course the Lovetown show in Sydney that was professionally filmed but never released. The bits we've seen, eg. Hawkmoon 269 and God Part II, are awesome.

I'd just about kill for that. What a fucking incredible performance of Hawkmoon.

I would love to hear the full version of invisible. The one with the verse in about london.

I would love to hear a U2 studio version of Boy Falls from the Sky. The one live performance of that song was amazing, and the Reeve Carney studio version is good. The song seems like proof that, in the age of Glastonbury and Stand Up Comedy, U2 can still write good rockers.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I would love to hear a U2 studio version of Boy Falls from the Sky. The one live performance of that song was amazing, and the Reeve Carney studio version is good. The song seems like proof that, in the age of Glastonbury and Stand Up Comedy, U2 can still write good rockers.

:up:

I loved the one and only live version they did of that song, but yes, hearing the studio version would surely be interesting. :up:

I would love to hear a U2 studio version of Boy Falls from the Sky. The one live performance of that song was amazing. The song seems like proof that, in the age of Glastonbury and Stand Up Comedy, U2 can still write good rockers.

This.

I would love to hear the demo of Every Breaking Wave that they wanted to release with NLOTH and then canned in the very last minute. And every other (newer?) version of the song.

This, and the Moroccan-flavored early versions of some of those NLoTH songs to go along with it. Every Breaking Wave is the one of those 360 Tour debuts that has the most promise.

The unreleased Sun Studios tracks from the R&H era(She's A Mystery To Me, full band version of Can't Help Falling In Love[different from the version released in the 90s], Bottle Rocket).

The Zooropa sessions as mentioned before - Wanderer w/Bono vocals(one of the crown jewels of unreleased U2 imo), and the Zooropa versions of If God Will Send His Angels, If You Wear That Velvet Dress, and Wake Up Dead Man.

I read once that Bono said there was a version of The Playboy Mansion during the Pop sessions that had a completely different set of lyrics that weren't as dated as the ones that were used. I'd like to hear that if it exists. Also, I remember reading somewhere when the Best Of 1990-2000 came out that The Playboy Mansion had been re-recorded(with Numb, Discotheque, and Starting At The Sun), but not included on the release. I'd like to hear that as well, as it might include the aforementioned different lyrics.

The early version of Original Of The Species that was heard during a 60 Minutes interview with Bono well before HTDAAB was released.

The entirety of the 2003 Chris Thomas HTDAAB(including Mercy).

The earlier NLOTH tracks.

The SOA tracks.

Id love to hear a full studio version of north star. Like the version from the transformers movie.

(Hides behind sofa, to hide from the abuse)

??

On a more serious note id love to see rattle and hum 2

Another request: the studio recording of the beach clip version of Breathe. It had Bono singing "breathe" in falsetto, instead of having Edge harmonize along. The falsetto sounds better to my ears than the harmony, but it's hard to say, because the beach makes every song 1000000x better.

The Return Of The Fly is allegedly a song that they worked on for Pop. Since The Fly is my favorite song of all time, I'd definetly wanna hear that song.
Btw, The Return Of The Fly would be an amazing album title for the new album. I would literally sh** my pants.

I remember hearing snippets of demos from the JT sessions, real brooding stuff. 30 sec clips someone put out there before a cease and desist order had them marked and removed. Would be cool to hear that. Also the miss Sarajevo version with Bono on opera vox.

Oh, everyone has forgotten the ultimate never-published gem: a studio version of The Wanderer with Bono on vocals.

Oh, everyone has forgotten the ultimate never-published gem: a studio version of The Wanderer with Bono on vocals.

The rest of the Clockwork Orange stuff.

Wanderer with Bono vocal!!!!!!!!

The Zooropa sessions as mentioned before - Wanderer w/Bono vocals(one of the crown jewels of unreleased U2 imo), and the Zooropa versions of If God Will Send His Angels, If You Wear That Velvet Dress, and Wake Up Dead Man.

:wink:

Wasnt bono working on an album with frank sinatra when he died? And didnt bono finish that album as a gift to nancy sinatra? Now that i would love to hear

Every Breaking Wave and whatever other unreleased material exists from the NLOTH/SOA sessions..

EveryBreakingWave.jpg

It was amazing when EBW finally became a reality.

Back
Top Bottom