U2 plays WOWY for Gerry Ryan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great tribute to what seems to be a great man from all I have read!

And proof that Bono can still sing WOWY when he wants to!:up:

Awesome, passionate version!

The debate over WOWY has been settled, and those who argue that it is simply lack of passion from Bono have won out!

Beautiful version, it's a shame he doesn't sing it this way every time. The way he hits that high note in the beginning of "Shine Like Stars": :heart:

For those not aware, Gerry Ryan was an Irish broadcaster who died suddenly last week.

This is a great tribute and a very beautiful and touching version of WOWY :up: I loved Bono's little speech and I don't understand why Bono cannot sing the song like that when they're on tour. Really awsome version and beautiful tribute :up:

Great tribute to what seems to be a great man from all I have read!

And proof that Bono can still sing WOWY when he wants to!:up:

Awesome, passionate version!

The debate over WOWY has been settled, and those who argue that it is simply lack of passion from Bono have won out!

I think he may be taking it easy on WOWY on tour because it's surrounded by Ultraviolet and MOS.

Musically good version....but spoiled by Bono!:reject:

You should be :reject: because that was a VERY good version by Bono. So "spoiled"? ":down: :tsk:

I have heard Bono belt out a good version at the second Boston show, so he can do this if he wants. But given the age of the song and its placement in the show, it's not surprising if he's either tired or holding back some to save his voice for the next show. Still, he has done some great performances of WOWY on the 360 tour. :up:

Bye Gerry - I didn't know your work that well, but you are clearly to young to be gone already. :(

Superb! Why can't Bono sing WOWY like this all the time? I don't think it takes that much more effort than mumbling behind the beat.

Had this version had the solo, it might have been the best one since early zootv

This is probably U2's biggest and most recognizable song... being the hardcore fan that I am, I usually don't listen to the hits all that much because I'm so into the more obscure material.

That being said, I must say that I forgot was an absolute BEAST this song is!! The whole song is just a buildup of epic proportions. Must say I prefer older versions with a guitar solo, but when played live this song is what U2 is all about.

Back
Top Bottom