U2 playing at Christian event in Paris May 09?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boosterjuice

Refugee
My cousin manages the church affairs and speaking engagements for a pastor in Argentina named Claudio Freidzon. Claudio has a church of roughly 30,000 and has become very influential in the Christian community.

My cousin tells me that Claudio has been invited to speak at a Christian engagement in Paris in which U2 will be performing the opening concert. This will be happening in May 09. The concert sounds like it will be a benefit of some kind. Maybe something to do with DATA or the One campaign?

Does anyone know if this is legit? Although most of U2 profess to be Christians, they hate any type of organization with their religion. But, my cousin has no reason to lie about this.

They will be using this rumour to try and boost attendance figures. Cant see U2 affiliating themselves withany church over another

Every year we have rumors that U2 is playing some big charity event, maybe 10% are true. I don't doubt that your cousin heard a rumor, but it sounds like his wires may be crossed. If it's a ONE campaign or DATA then it's not a church organized charity event. I know many chruches take part in charities, but I know very little that actually run events like this...

barring the Tibetan Freedom Concert in 1997, when has U2 ever been confirmed for a one off show as a full band in the last 15 years?

It seems like these rumors always fly. Reading and Leeds. Wembly reopening. etc etc etc

my guess is that anytime a post that reads "U2 playing XXX show" that ends with a "?" and "XXX" isn't a part of a major tour, the answer will likely be "NO."

unless I am forgetting something.

Back
Top Bottom