U2 performing at inauguration! (rehearsal video posted)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm! ok here's the plan. It seems U2 are early in the line-up. So here's what we can go. Get there in the am. Get a good spot up front. And leave once Mary J Beyonce and William fella show up.

Maybe stay for the boxx but that's it.

Who's with me?

Confirmed now on U2.com

'We Are One'

U2 join a stellar line up of artists at The Lincoln Memorial in Washington this Sunday for 'We Are One: The Obama Inaugural Celebration'. Don't miss it. It's open to the public and aired on HBO.

Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, Garth Brooks, Sheryl Crow, John Legend, Usher, Shakira, Bruce Springsteen, will.i.am, and Stevie Wonder are among the acts performing while Jamie Foxx, Martin Luther King III, Queen Latifah and Denzel Washington are among those reading historical passages.

'We Are One:The Obama Inaugural Celebration at the Lincoln Memorial' is the opening celebration for the 56th Presidential Inaugural, presented by HBO this Sunday, January 18 (7:00-9:00 p.m. ET/PT).

More news as we get it.

Any more doubts?

'Pride' would work... same with 'One,' especially with the "do-you-hear-me-knocking, knocking at your door" outro... but I'd reallllllllly love 'em to put a time-stamp on the day, with the unveiling of a new song!

:hyper:

yesterday someone posted that the orchester leader (name escapes me) was quoted saying he had to learn Pride (as well as Mellancamp's Pink Houses) for the concert so I'm thinking Pride's a good bet (especially since Monday is MLK's birthday)

YEs the Boss is shit

he is the boss of shit boring music

and he cant sing

he only other act who is ok is stevie wonder

You're constantly insulting Bono and now you're insulting The Boss.

:eyebrow:

I LOVE Bruce! :heart: And you have no idea.

Whatever.

Great to have a confirmation, looks like in fact U2 will be there as a band. :up:

They should play Drowning Man or Holy Joe just to freak people out.

In all seriousness, I'm hoping for One / Hear Us Coming.

Are you going?

YES!!! I get there Saturday!!!:hyper::hyper:
I have been planning this trip for a while now, so ya, hearing U2 will be there is beyond incredible for me!! It's a dream come true to say the least!!
To see this band perform PRIDE where Martin Luther King Jr gave his I Have a Dream speech and where the first African American president will give a speech that I will get to hear is just beyond amazing.:hyper::hyper:

More likely a mini set, 3 or 4 songs. Only one of the following will miss out: One, Beautiful Day, Pride, City of Blinding Lights, a New Song.

i think "Pride" and "One" are an absolute lock.

maybe COBL, since it's supposed to be one of Obama's favorite songs and it was played a whole lot during the campaign.

i hope they don't play "Boots" -- would seem opportunistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom