U2 performing at inauguration! (rehearsal video posted)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you know what.. why don't ya take ur political views over to FYM where they belong. This thread is just about the announcement that Bono is performing..

/kthxbai

Agree.

Bono isn't "worshipping" Obama just because he's there at this event. He'll have to work with Obama on his political issues and Obama has been elected president so Bono is going to approach him. I see him as the last celebrity to jump on any poltical bandwagon. He's working with whom he needs to work to help his issues. He won't stop working with conservatives, too. Bono hasn't endorsed either candidad during the presidental campaign.

Btw, Edge was at several Hillary Clinton fundraiser events and I see no one making a fuss out of that.

We can do without the name calling. As a reminder, this is a thread about Bono performing at the inauguration. What this thread isn't is an open invitation to bash those with different political views than your own.

That goes for everyone, btw. :)

thx Diemen.

just so everyone sees this..

I don't want to be rude, but:

Could you take all this political BS to FYM, please?

We're here to talk about Bono performing at the event, not about your personal views regarding politics.

Yes.

As a reminder, this is a thread about Bono performing at the inauguration. What this thread isn't is an open invitation to bash those with different political views than your own.

That goes for everyone, btw. :)

I'll be a little less gentle this time: if this thread cannot remain on topic and the bashing and bickering continue, it will be closed.

What does that even mean? You basically insinuated that "liberals" can't be Christians. How is that not ignorant?

Haha, I totally agree!

It always astounds me that Christians extoll the virtues of loving thy neighbour, and goodwill to all mankind, but it tends to be republicans who are Christians... go figure!

It would occur to me that any party that promotes the ownership and use of guns, restricts foreign aid, supports tax cuts to the wealthiest members of the society and doesn't inject funding into a global education or healthcare system is "not very Christian".

:lock: :lock:

Don't you guys realize how upset Bono would be if he sees that no one in this thread is talking about him. :sad:

Too true. :tsk: Just like bashing Bush was the cool thing to do. It's easier to just do what everyone else is doing than to actually think for yourself and not follow the crowd.

Does it maybe occur to you that there is virtue in what people think, and that they do think for themselves for the most part rather than follow the crowd?

My guess goes to a safe U2 hit. Most likely One. Though it would indeed be cool to here These Times They Are a Changin'. Maybe he can work in a snippet somewhere. ;)

My guess goes to a safe U2 hit. Most likely One. Though it would indeed be cool to here These Times They Are a Changin'. Maybe he can work in a snippet somewhere. ;)

Hmmm... maybe a These Times They Are a Changin' duet with Springsteen.
:hmm:

Well in that case this has nothing to do with the new album.

Haha, I totally agree!

It always astounds me that Christians extoll the virtues of loving thy neighbour, and goodwill to all mankind, but it tends to be republicans who are Christians... go figure!

It would occur to me that any party that promotes the ownership and use of guns, restricts foreign aid, supports tax cuts to the wealthiest members of the society and doesn't inject funding into a global education or healthcare system is "not very Christian".

Talk about ignorant...

I'd be happy to have a debate on these issues and explain what conservatism is and what Christianity is, since you seem to have a good grasp on neither, but this is not the proper place or thread.

Ahem. Enough with the political/religious debate.

If you're here to have it out with someone over differences in beliefs, you're in the wrong thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom