U2 on the cover of Rolling Stone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you think this is new? It's not new, and it's not new to U2.

Steven Tyler and Perry...

Mick Jagger and Keith Richards...

Slash and Axl...

All have had cover shots on magazines representing the band.

Never said it was new. Why are you making that ASSumption?

Just said it seemed rude.

Never said it was new. Why are you making that ASSumption?

Just said it seemed rude.

If you notice, I ASKED if you thought it was new. So you might want to refrain from insults.

I guess my point is, maybe you should have worded it a little different. If you know it's common practice maybe you have said, "Does anyone else find it rude when magazines only put the lead singer and guitarist on the cover"?

If you notice, I ASKED if you thought it was new. So you might want to refrain from insults.

I guess my point is, maybe you should have worded it a little different. If you know it's common practice maybe you have said, "Does anyone else find it rude when magazines only put the lead singer and guitarist on the cover"?

:yawn::yawn::yawn:

:hmm:

definitely the title, but here's hoping the show intro is representative of the whole song, and doesn't segue into elevation mk 3.

Ah ok, I wasn't sure, since we have known the title is KOYL for a long time. (Hasn't it only been getting called Kingdom because of people who thought it was a Gavin Friday song after he posted "Kingdom soon"?) Anyways, it never even occurred to me that the piece could be just an intro for something else :ohmy: (sort of like Fez?) I hope it's representative a whole song on it's own too.

Ah ok, I wasn't sure, since we have known the title is KOYL for a long time. (Hasn't it only been getting called Kingdom because of people who thought it was a Gavin Friday song after he posted "Kingdom soon"?) Anyways, it never even occurred to me that the piece could be just an intro for something else :ohmy: (sort of like Fez?) I hope it's representative a whole song on it's own too.
ha, shows how much attention i paid to that! i figured since bootlegs were still having it tagged as kingdom that it was just that!

ha, shows how much attention i paid to that! i figured since bootlegs were still having it tagged as kingdom that it was just that!

Can't remember when but after GF posted the tweet about Kingdom soon, I remembered the photo of Edge in the NLOTH deluxe book with the list of songs on the wall behind him and one said Kingdom of Your Love, so I posted that and we were discussing that and soon after Willie Williams posted in his blog that the name of the opener was Kingdom of Your Love. :D

I suppose the name could undergo a change before it makes it actually makes it on to SOA though. :hmm: But I kind of think U2 have no problem with lengthy names, and this one isn't all that long.

The printed setlists call it Kingdom.

But then they abbreviate other song titles ...

The printed setlists call it Kingdom.

But then they abbreviate other song titles ...

Right I have noticed that too, and that they do abbreviate, but it was cool to see WW refer to it as that full title after I had only had the idea that it was in fact that song in the photo of Edge.

I have been attacked personally (much worse then a few emoticons) a few times on this site and no one ever came to defend me.

I guess it is all about who has the most posts?
no, it has to do with what mods do and don't see. if someone's personally attacked you, the post should be reported. we simply cannot be everywhere all the time and see every post made.

I bought this on the way to the show in Raleigh. Quick question....has the Rolling Stone always been this glossy? I always remember it to be a huge newpaper like edition.

I bought this on the way to the show in Raleigh. Quick question....has the Rolling Stone always been this glossy? I always remember it to be a huge newpaper like edition.

Yeah they changed it a while back, can't remember when now, but it's been a good while. :)

The week they changed it I was looking all over the shelf for the new edition and couldn't find it even though it was sitting right in front of me. LOL

Back
Top Bottom