U2 on SNL Season premiere?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is anyone planning to put this up online somewhere? NBC is usually kinda strict about allowing their stuff on YouTube. I'm asking because I think I might be busy that weekend and might not have time to watch it on TV. :wave:

I got a call from SNL today. I was alllllll excited....until I heard the tickets were for this Thursday's "Weekend Update" prime time show!!! I told the guy that I had really wanted the Season Opener for U2--hoping he'd offer me those tickets instead--but no such luck. :-(

My sympathies. Who cares about Weekend Update without Tina Fey? Especially in light of U2.

SNL Setlist Prediction Thread

Okay, I didn't see another thread about this (but correct if I'm wrong on that), so what do you think U2 will play when they perform on Saturday Night Live (September 26th)?

I know most bands only play 2 songs, but last time U2 played 5!
(3 on-air + 2 off-air for the live audience).

So... I'm predicting:

1. Get On Your Boots
2. Magnificent
3. Crazy Tonight (Album Version)

(Off-air)
4. Breathe
5. Elevation

As for what I would LIKE them to play if I was in attendance that night... and which remains realistic in terms of what they're playing on this tour:

1. No Line on the Horizon
2. Magnificent
3. Crazy Tonight (Album Version)

(Off-air)
4. Moment of Surrender
5. Ultraviolet (Light My Way)

Of course, it would be a dream to see and hear Your Blue Room live, but I wouldn't realistically expect them to play it at SNL. :wink:

Your thoughts?

I'll Go Crazy Tonight
No Line on the Horizon
Breathe

Vertigo
Beautiful Day

Ultraviolet would be awesome to hear in that setting!

-Jeff

Crazy Tonight is the only guarantee, I'll bet we'll get another NLOTH and a previous hit. My guesses will be Breathe and Beautiful Day respectively. But yeah we could get one of the older songs that's currently being toured (or prepped) ala I Will Follow last time, but you can bet that won't be on air.

I'm so jealous of the audience that gets to be there, most of which won't be of the predisposition to appreciate how lucky they are :angry:.

Maybe everyone should chime in to NBC and tell them that the entire North American continent would prefer U2 on air for 2 songs as opposed to 3 lame, show ending skits.

I mean really, how often are the skits after the news funny? Maybe the first or second post Weekend Update sections are good, but typically the last 15 minutes worth of skits flat out suck.

I mean really, how often are the skits after the news funny? Maybe the first or second post Weekend Update sections are good, but typically the last 15 minutes worth of skits flat out suck.

I agree. I usually stop watching after Update ends.

I want to see something along the lines of:

1. Ultraviolet
2. Bad
3. Moment Of Surrender

But that's just too awesome to consider.

Back
Top Bottom