U2 on SNL Season premiere?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 On SNL

I predict they will shock everyone and preform MOS on SNL on the 26th of Sept

i predict they play Breathe or Magnificent or Crazy Tonite and each song will end with Bono pandering shamelessly to the audience and begging for them to stand up and cheer, which they will most likely do.

I've seen that type of performance a million times, it would be definitely sweet if they busted out MOS, or Being Born, or maybe something harder like NLOTH...but oh God please not SUC.

I think it is pretty obvious that the first slot goes to Crazy. It just had a NA digital release and will have a NA cd single release next week. This would be pretty close to the SNL date. I would hope the next slot (show closer?) would go to MOS, but I won't expect it. Maybe a 3rd slot? (they've done it before). SNL loves U2!:up:

rumors are also flying that the live audience and cast (including Megan Fox) will be wearing An San Suu Kyi masks the entire episode.

I bet they play Crazy Tonight and Magnificent, with a 50-50 shot of Breathe also sneaking in.

I'd rather they play NLOTH though... :drool: ... definitely not MOS, as it's way too long for the format.

I think the most likely setup will be the following:

The first two songs will either be Crazy, Stand up Comedy, Breathe, Boots or Magnificent and the third will be an old favourite like I Will Follow which they did last time (Coldplay did the same thing too last year)

I think the most likely setup will be the following:

The first two songs will either be Crazy, Stand up Comedy, Breathe, Boots or Magnificent and the third will be an old favourite like I Will Follow which they did last time (Coldplay did the same thing too last year)

Coldplay performed "I Will Follow?" :doh:

I am so going to this :hyper: I went last time when they were on and met Bono, Ali and Adam..it was a loooong night though they didn't come out until 2am :crack:

I think it is pretty obvious that the first slot goes to Crazy. It just had a NA digital release and will have a NA cd single release next week. This would be pretty close to the SNL date. I would hope the next slot (show closer?) would go to MOS, but I won't expect it. Maybe a 3rd slot? (they've done it before). SNL loves U2!:up:

Yes to crazy, MOS not likely.:up:

We're talking live TV, the clock is your enemy, a neutered version of MOS would be horrible, totally the wrong feeling for SNL.

rumors are also flying that the live audience and cast (including Megan Fox) will be wearing An San Suu Kyi masks the entire episode.

Awesome!! :hug:

I bet they play Crazy Tonight and Magnificent, with a 50-50 shot of Breathe also sneaking in.

I'd rather they play NLOTH though... :drool: ... definitely not MOS, as it's way too long for the format.

NLOTH could be a contender, it would fit if they plan on adding it in, in NA. :up:
MOS, as much as I love it, don't see that happening unless they start playing it - then continue through the credits.

Of course if they break out Fez, you'll hear me screaming... :drool:

U2 only performed I Will Follow as a third song that night, the other two were Sometimes and Vertigo.

I would think it'd be Magnificent and Crazy Tonight, probably not Boots since Boots is kinda old news.

Back
Top Bottom