U2 on Jimmy Kimmel Live! May 23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I should say that I don't dislike Fallon. He's fine. But he was sort of the next Leno-type show. Aimed at more middle America, older demo which is fine. I think he's funny and has added a lot of extra content that keeps it interesting. I don't really care about his thing with Trump. Not a big deal. I would hope that maybe the band would stop there for a night or two when they are in NY. Or even make good on their promise of a doing a week of shows that didn't happen in 15.
I just like Kimmel's humor more personally.

Truth.

And how can you not love Jimmy's performances on Desire?

The reason they are doing Kimmel instead of Fallon is because they will be in Los Angeles, which is where Kimmel's show is filmed. Had the tour began on the east coast, they would've done Fallon while they were in NYC. Those are the 2 most popular talk shows right now, and a good way to advertise themselves. Gotta sell those Pittsburgh tickets! ;)

But one of the "Joshua Tree Three", and probably not Streets, Little Things and one other random Joshua Tree song, possible Red Hill Mining Town because of the "single" they released.
Colbert​ has been winning the late night wars since February, and they're doing Kimmel because of his work with (red)

Jimmy Fallon is a big fan of everything.

Jimmy Fallon is also awful.

Guest: My family all just died in a fire

Jimmy Fallon:
giphy.gif

Some of you are pretty harsh on Jimmy. But ok, to each their own.

However it's more than a bit ironic to be beating up on him while being huge fans of Bono Vox. Thats pretty rich actually.

I went and checked out the schedule for Kimmel tomorrow and U2 is the only guest.

Tuesday: Interview and Music from U2

Hard to believe they are only playing 2 songs... I'm going to go out on a limb and say they will be "talked into" playing a third.

God I hope they don't do anything acoustic on the couch. Please no.

With that much time they could play even more. Long interview with the band could be a bit much. Anyway, excited to see it.

No acoustic set on couch.

No "America is an Idea"

No "Yoko Glasses"

Back
Top Bottom