U2 on Jimmy Kimmel Live! May 23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono said Edge was dragging his feet during a Charlie Rose interview last year. Charlie: "When is the new album coming out?" Bono: "Ask the Edge." I don't remember the date of the interview, but pretty sure it was before the US election. Maybe Octoberish.

I'm pretty sure it's September 20 2016?

Whilst I hate the idea of this thread being derailed after a couple of fabulous performances, I do want to comment on Larry's appearance.

He does not look strange, or like he has had work done. He looks like an older guy who has never had much body fat, and now his jowls/eye areas are sagging due to age.

Guys, Larry is old. They are all old. Only Edge looks remarkably good for their age anymore, and that is just a quirk of genetics & health.

Want more evidence? Check out the side-by-side of the band and their fathers from 99/00. Larry is well on the way to looking like Mullen Sr.

I honestly think they all look pretty good for their age, even Bono with his love handles. They definitely are old, but they're not Keith Richards/Skeletor levels of oldness yet

I think Bono with a short cut, like 360 is the best for his age. The poof going on is tough, makes it look like he just got out of bed hungover. We won't comment on the glasses....

The rest, they all look great for their age and the fact they've been living a giant party since they were 15.

Whilst I hate the idea of this thread being derailed after a couple of fabulous performances, I do want to comment on Larry's appearance.

He does not look strange, or like he has had work done.

Want more evidence? Check out the side-by-side of the band and their fathers from 99/00. Larry is well on the way to looking like Mullen Sr.

Larry got work done. Just asked my Miami surgeon brother in law.

I think Bono with a short cut, like 360 is the best for his age. The poof going on is tough, makes it look like he just got out of bed hungover.

I think his hair looks fine now and on I+E (aside from the blonde dye job). I think his worst hair (even worse than the mullet) was on the Vertigo Tour

The statement of "America is an idea" is based on the false premise that it is a good idea. What is the idea, anyway? The subjugation of non-white races through slavery, immigration bans, and institutional racism? The subjugation of other countries to dicatorships that are friendly to American corporate interests? Only providing quality healthcare and education to the wealthy? The quality of the idea really depends on who is asked and when the question is posed.

Great post

I think Edge is immortalized by all of his delay pedals man

According to Bono, Edge came to Dublin on a space ship from the future (said spaceship may or may not have been a 40 foot mirrorball lemon). If Edge is a Time Lord, his lack of aging makes perfect sense. He's either continually time traveling to us from the past, or he's just using a bit of his regeneration power to stay youthful.

According to Bono, Edge came to Dublin on a space ship from the future (said spaceship may or may not have been a 40 foot mirrorball lemon). If Edge is a Time Lord, his lack of aging makes perfect sense. He's either continually time traveling to us from the past, or he's just using a bit of his regeneration power to stay youthful.

Sounds like this could be a show on The CW.

Does The Edge get any sleep at all???

I'm pretty sure it's September 20 2016?

There is also the next tour to consider. The timing of the release in conjunction to when the band wants to throw up a tour in support of the new album.

I don't think they'd want to wait too long to tour after releasing SOE, but they also have to balance U2 fatigue after touring here this year.

So maybe Fall 2018 release for SOE, with a tour beginning in Spring 2019?

I have to be honest, I was relieved to hear Bono say what he did about Trump. And in a very reasoned way (that part didn't surprise me). I wasn't sure if he'd temper his opinions a bit or rely on his usual bipartisanship, so it made me happy to hear.

My friend was selected for a pair of general tickets for Tuesday afternoon's Kimmel taping, and he asked me to be his +1. Due to what turned out to be the ISHFWILF choir taking up so many seats in the audience for their performance, only a very few general ticket holders were able to get in to the show, and we were sent on our way. Oof. Heartbreak.

Fortunately things turned out okay because the 3/4 of the band (damn you Larry!) stopped outside the guest parking area and went down the very orderly line we were in (thanks to U2 and Kimmel security for organizing everything) to say hello and sign autographs.

I didn't have anything for Adam and Larry to sign, instead asked them for (and received) a handshake and thanked them for their music and for all the great concerts. Then comes Bono. He takes a lot longer going down the line, because apparently Bono likes to talk (who knew?), and he engaged a few folks in conversation as he made his way. Two years ago, I was lucky enough to attend U2's historic show at The Roxy Theatre (smallest club they've played in 35+ years!), and I grabbed Bono's water bottle off the stage. I had the bottle with me, and I told him where I had gotten it. He got a kick out of hearing this, and signed the bottle "Get yer Roxy off, Bono". That just about made up for not getting in to the show. Thanks so much to (most of) the band for stopping today. Your fans love you for it!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Why would they play Little Things on TV if the plan wasn't too release it this year?

Once JT2017 is over they'll take a month off and then release. Or not, cause U2 do stupid things. But yea. Fall.

Worryingly there is an article in New Zealand mentioning the JT tour heading over there in 2018....

I have to be honest, I was relieved to hear Bono say what he did about Trump. And in a very reasoned way (that part didn't surprise me). I wasn't sure if he'd temper his opinions a bit or rely on his usual bipartisanship, so it made me happy to hear.

He started to almost ask permission...trailing off before saying "as an Irishman" to end his "can I say this?"

Usually, Bono is just off and running, words outpacing mouth. Sometimes, it is pretty tremendous. Sometimes, not so much. But on this, you could see the steam coming out of his temples and the gears cranking...he really, really, really wanted to say something in opposition without it being a throwaway "I hate Trump" statement that comes from Celebrityland every day.

He did a great job, and the Kimmel follow up was even better (99%..)

Holy shit I just watched the performance of ISHFWILF.

That was incredible.

I hate to say it but I found it underwhelming.

Every time ISHF came on the radio (for years and years) I would mention the vocal or the bass that sounds like a train chugging along...and jam some.

A few months back I couldn't believe it when I was thinking that I was sick of the song.

As far as the performance, it seemed like a pandering choice, personally. Exit (or even IGC) would have been ballsy, RHMT welcomed (even with the neutered arrangement), RTSS a great surprise, TTYW a real treat.

TTLTGYA was more exciting and it was good to seem them (even without Larry's eyebrows) on TV again!

Pulled from Kimmel's channel so:

I hate to say it but I found it underwhelming.

Every time ISHF came on the radio (for years and years) I would mention the vocal or the bass that sounds like a train chugging along...and jam some.

A few months back I couldn't believe it when I was thinking that I was sick of the song.

As far as the performance, it seemed like a pandering choice, personally. Exit (or even IGC) would have been ballsy, RHMT welcomed (even with the neutered arrangement), RTSS a great surprise, TTYW a real treat.

TTLTGYA was more exciting and it was good to seem them (even without Larry's eyebrows) on TV again!

Pulled from Kimmel's channel so:

The one thing that struck me about the performance was that it went back to the very gospel approach. I thought it was actually pretty bold, I don't think the added "he'll be the shelter from the storm" type of lyrics on a late night tv show these days is exactly pandering.

Not saying it was an extreme statement by any means, but not exactly safe either.

Back
Top Bottom