U2 on Jimmy Kimmel Live! May 23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No acoustic set on couch.

No "America is an Idea"

No "Yoko Glasses"

God, you just know those fucking glasses are going to be there. I am bewildered by them. How has no one close to the band, had an honest conversation with him by this point?

The glasses will be there.

Edge will crack a few funny lines

Adam will be polite

Larry will say no more than five words.

Couldn't get tickets but any advice if I wanted to head over and try to meet them before or after?

If they played Exit they would blow everyone's fucking minds and it has the potential to completely change how the band is perceived. Come out and play a fucking savage, badass song and everyone's lazy insults of the bands will be at once proven wrong.

That, of course, means that they won't go near it, because they're idiots.

Red Hill Mining Town and Little Things is my bet.

I think the first unanimous decision in interference history is the hatred of Bono's Elton John glasses.

I think they're awesome :shrug:

If they played Exit they would blow everyone's fucking minds and it has the potential to completely change how the band is perceived. Come out and play a fucking savage, badass song and everyone's lazy insults of the bands will be at once proven wrong.

You would

Yeah, I don't get why the glasses are this lightning rod of criticism. I don't think they're "awesome", but meh. Bono's worn far worse things. Remember the eyeliner?

Impressions of Little Things?

I do wonder if the events in Manchester will change their minds as to what they might play.

I had the same thought. SBS thrown in? who knows. But i do think that it will definitely change some of the interview on couch. Musically, I hope they do bring at least one rocking, kick you in the balls song. Exit would be my choice, SBS obviously would be apt after Manchester, but still odd to play to a talk show audience.
Maybe Bono will get angry enough to throw down his glasses and step on them.

I had the same thought. SBS thrown in? who knows. But i do think that it will definitely change some of the interview on couch. Musically, I hope they do bring at least one rocking, kick you in the balls song. Exit would be my choice, SBS obviously would be apt after Manchester, but still odd to play to a talk show audience.
Maybe Bono will get angry enough to throw down his glasses and step on them.
I was thinking something slower, perhaps Mothers of the Disappeared

The statement of "America is an idea" is based on the false premise that it is a good idea. What is the idea, anyway? The subjugation of non-white races through slavery, immigration bans, and institutional racism? The subjugation of other countries to dicatorships that are friendly to American corporate interests? Only providing quality healthcare and education to the wealthy? The quality of the idea really depends on who is asked and when the question is posed.

Didn't get tix, and can't even get off of work early to go to the standby line. But the good news is a friend of mine did win! I'll let you guys know what happens. They tape around 6 Pacific Time.

Also, for those wanting to go to the theater, it may be worth it. I'd try to get there by 4.

Exit would rock the house, but Bono needs to play it straight. It's pretty goofy imo.

... Exit is "goofy"?

that song is everything that u2 haven't been to me for the last decade or two. it's an absolute beast, and it would be glorious to see them play it on Kimmel

also, good shout from those who suggest MOTD would be a good choice.

u2 haven't done understated in ages, but this would be a good place to start

Back
Top Bottom