U2 on James?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
U2 are my fave band. My second fave is James. Has anyone ever heard either of the two mention the other. Ad be amazed if they had not crossed paths before, given that Eno has produced a few albums for both acts.

U2 are my fave band. My second fave is James. Has anyone ever heard either of the two mention the other. Ad be amazed if they had not crossed paths before, given that Eno has produced a few albums for both acts.

There is a mention in the James tour blog of Adam having been to see them when they played the Olympia a few years back...

Brian Eno has produced both bands... that is about the only connection that I can think of.

Brian producing James' "Laid" and "Wah Wah" as well as some pre-production on "Whiplash"

He also worked on Millionaires and Pleased to Meet You... pretty much had a hand in everything from Laid on up...

From their blog, incidentally:

Lovely old theatre, played here before a long time ago. Adam Clayton got rat-arsed on our champagne and had to be helped into a taxi and taken home.

Oh dear...

U2 ... :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
James... :drool::drool::drool:

Both are great bands. I have all James studio albums and some more live and rare stuff here on my pc.

Two of my fave bands as well, they have a lot in common though I haven't heard them say much about eachother.

For the 'Please to Meet You' promo tour Tim wrote a blog about their first night's show and name dropped(and acknowledged that he was name dropping) that Bono was there...

That's the only mention I had ever heard.

I've heard Bono mention James Brown. Does that count?:lol:

Back
Top Bottom