U2 not on the top 20 Spotify list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not more convenient, but not really less convenient either. Essentially no difference. You are probably only going to be at the gym for an hour or two, which means your only going to listen to an hour or two of music, NOT your whole music collection.

The only real difference is that with CD's you have to think ahead of time what you are going to listen to. Thinking ahead of time and planning. Something that is getting less common in the today's America.

You are legit insane.

You know what I really hate? The Internet

Well that is a broader category. Lots of great things about the internet as well as bad things. Thanks to the internet, it was much easier for the Russians to hack into U.S. Democratic offices and election related operations across the country. Far easier than it was for Nixon's agents during Watergate. Some things, at least at this point, were safer in the pre-internet days.

Well that is a broader category. Lots of great things about the internet as well as bad things. Thanks to the internet, it was much easier for the Russians to hack into U.S. Democratic offices and election related operations across the country. Far easier than it was for Nixon's agents during Watergate. Some things, at least at this point, were safer in the pre-internet days.

We also weren't exposed to as much bs back then.

You are legit insane.

You are legit insane if you believe one needs to have their entire music collection with them every where they go. You also don't need to be using a phone while driving. Thousands of people now die every year because people insist on texting/driving etc. Turn your phone off, stick a CD in the player, then concentrate on driving to your next destination.

I never said I need it. You are insane to think that having a CD player and at least one CD to go to the gym is "just as convenient" as having a phone that has your preferred gym music on it.

Why would I bring extra things when I can just have my phone, which I'm always carrying around with me?

And if I'm running on a treadmill, where does my discman go? Doesn't it skip or get knocked over? Which is a better device for a high-motion activity? Hint: it ain't a discman.

I'm not speaking for myself, I don't listen to music on my phone, I have my iPod when I'm out and about.

As for the driving thing, that's why they make Bluetooth and voice commands. Sure it's distracting, but probably not as much as changing CDs.

No one cares if you don't listen to streaming music. But the bulk of your argument is absolutely batshit.

I'd opt for a Walkman (or Walkwoman) over a discman at the gym, as discmen (or discwomen) used to always skip on me whenever I moved about quickly.

But cassettes got phased out and replaced by clunkier CDs so yeah, was fucked.

I think I still have my discman ... if I do I kept it because it also has a radio function and that might be handy if The Big One hits Seattle.

And thanks to the internet we've all been exposed to your cockamamie CD argument; another notch on the negative side.

You are legit insane if you believe one needs to have their entire music collection with them every where they go. You also don't need to be using a phone while driving. Thousands of people now die every year because people insist on texting/driving etc. Turn your phone off, stick a CD in the player, then concentrate on driving to your next destination.

Still yelling at clouds; no one said they need their entire collection(but it sure is nice in case you get in a certain mood), and guess what, cars now have voice control and fancy buttons on their steering wheels. So really my driving experience is much safer than you changing out the cd in your camaro while you drive. You should be a safer driver, you're putting me and others at risk.

Have you ever tried to change a CD while driving? It's legit dangerous

I never said I need it. You are insane to think that having a CD player and at least one CD to go to the gym is "just as convenient" as having a phone that has your preferred gym music on it.

You can bring whatever your preferred gym music is with you on CD. That's not insane, that is just a fact. Does it really make that much of a difference how one listens to music at the gym, I think not. Certainly not enough to be telling someone else that they are insane for doing or suggesting doing something different.

Why would I bring extra things when I can just have my phone, which I'm always carrying around with me?

That's fine, I'm just demonstrating that there are other ways you can listen to music without using and I-pod or an I-phone.

And if I'm running on a treadmill, where does my discman go? Doesn't it skip or get knocked over? Which is a better device for a high-motion activity? Hint: it ain't a discman.

In your hand or on the treadmill if there is space to hold it. The point is you can easily listen to your music this way, and the idea that you need, or have to have the other devices or that its way more convenient is overblown.

No one cares if you don't listen to streaming music. But the bulk of your argument is absolutely batshit.

No its common sense that many of these devices when it comes to music don't really provide the extra convenience that is alleged. Its really splitting hairs.

And thanks to the internet we've all been exposed to your cockamamie CD argument; another notch on the negative side.

Well, if you really feel that way you could always ignore my post. I mean whats stopping you?

Still yelling at clouds; no one said they need their entire collection(but it sure is nice in case you get in a certain mood), and guess what, cars now have voice control and fancy buttons on their steering wheels. So really my driving experience is much safer than you changing out the cd in your camaro while you drive. You should be a safer driver, you're putting me and others at risk.

Have you ever tried to change a CD while driving? It's legit dangerous

I never change CD's while driving. Have you ever texted or talked on a phone while driving?

Productivity has steadily risen every year.

View attachment 11379

The point I was making was that economic growth has been slower since the year 2000. Take average real GDP growth from 1980 through 1999 and VS average GDP growth from 2000 to 2017 and 1980-1999 is way ahead. So all the new technology has failed to bring about faster growth than was seen in the 20th century. Growth has been much slower in the 21st century. People are wondering if will ever get back to 3% GDP growth which would not even count as average for the 1980-1999 time period.

I'm sure listening to POP would cover the majority of your workout. As for devices and U.S. public health, the U.S. population is not getting healthier thanks to these new devices. The American public is more overweight and obese than at any time in its history.

It also has not made Americans more productive when it comes to work as real GDP growth continues to lag well behind where it was before the turn of the century.

You don't say...

Oh, look everyone, Sting is back to his old ways. I have to wonder what the allure is of coming back to a place that keeps kicking you out.

Speaking of that last bit... buh-bye! :wave:

I liked Bono2017 and found a lot of his touring info very interesting and useful.

With regard to his CD argument, I award him no points and may God have mercy on his soul!

Back
Top Bottom