U2 nominated for Best Original Song with ‘Winter’ ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Golden Globe Nominations

Original Song
Cinema Italiano- Nine
I Want to Come Home- Everybody’s FIne
I See You- Avatar
The Weary Kind- Crazy Heart
Winter- Brothers

Golden Globe Nominations

Original Song
Cinema Italiano- Nine
I Want to Come Home- Everybody’s FIne
I See You- Avatar
The Weary Kind- Crazy Heart
Winter- Brothers

In case they're winning: Can't wait for Bono's acceptance speech and another scandal :wink:

Last month they would have had this in the bag, now despite an excellent rearrangement, The Weary Kind has swooped in and will almost certainly win.

:hyper: I love the Red Carpet. I like seeing all the beautiful dresses. That is the only part that I watch, but this year I will make an acception and watch the actual show.

Last month they would have had this in the bag, now despite an excellent rearrangement, The Weary Kind has swooped in and will almost certainly win.

I have a feeling you're right. I heard The Weary Kind for the first time the other day and it reeks (in a good way) of winning this award. It'll probably take the Oscar, too.

Although it also reinforces the similarities to The Wrestler last year, and the Oscars screwed over that song, so we'll see.

Even if they don't win, being nominated is an honor. They have a good chance of being nominated for an Oscar as well.

The 63 songs in contention for an Oscar nomination have been announced, and "Winter" is indeed among them.

63 Original Songs Tune Up For 2009 Oscar® | Press Release | The Academy

But it's up against some heavy competition:

“Back to Tennessee” from “Hannah Montana The Movie”
“Butterfly Fly Away” from “Hannah Montana The Movie”
“Don’t Walk Away” from “Hannah Montana The Movie”
“Hoedown Throwdown” from “Hannah Montana The Movie”
“You’ll Always Find Your Way Back Home” from “Hannah Montana The Movie”

I was wondering the same thing. I'm assuming that Bono and Edge maybe there. I guess we'll have to see.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm assuming that Bono and Edge maybe there. I guess we'll have to see.
It would be awesome if all of them were there, but i think you might be right, cuz Bono and The Edge basically said in interviews that they'd be there.

Back
Top Bottom