U2 next album returns to Island Records

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These changes in management and representation makes me think that this could have a lot to do with the album's delay, not just the fact that U2 were not finished. I think they could've been finished in time for a fall release, but since the label/management was in the process of changing over, they are continuing to work on it (after all, a U2 album is never finished until it's on sale).

These changes in management and representation makes me think that this could have a lot to do with the album's delay, not just the fact that U2 were not finished. I think they could've been finished in time for a fall release, but since the label/management was in the process of changing over, they are continuing to work on it (after all, a U2 album is never finished until it's on sale).

I hope so, I don't really want U2 to "tinker" as much as they tend to do in albums as time goes on. I hope it's been sitting ready for awhile now while all this business stuff goes on.

Eh, I can't see them continuing to mess with the album just because their might be delays due to management shifts and waiting for a promotional hype machine...they're tinkering with it because they don't think it's done yet.

One wonders if we could be in for another Pop situation. Obviously, this record won't be as rushed, but if the band is still working on it and need to have it done for a spring release (Super Bowl promotion and tour that's beginning to be scheduled), it might not be something they feel was "finished"...

Back
Top Bottom