U2 live at the rose bowl release date?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono's voice was a little rough at times, but i really enjoyed watching the gig on YouTube, and at no point did i think it was a weak show.

but you're a blind sheep, mikal. What do you know? :wink:

:shifty:
I loved the performance :reject:

Am I a blind sheep, too? :hmm:

It was defiantly the most energetic show of the tour, or up there with them. The setting was perfect, and the overall performance was brilliant. Another stupid example of people judging a show when first, there isnt even a dvd yet, and second, they wasnt even there.

It was defiantly the most energetic show of the tour, or up there with them. The setting was perfect, and the overall performance was brilliant. Another stupid example of people judging a show when first, there isnt even a dvd yet, and second, they wasnt even there.

This. I also thought Bono's vocals were better than Vegas, but that's just me. I will say the crowd energy at the Rose Bowl was insane.

Agreed. I can't understand the bad show comments either. wtf. It was a great show. I wouldn't mind an extra feature added though with a few additional songs thrown in from other shows.... (Bad comes to mind first :hmm: )

Mexico City wasn't a great POPmart show. It was good but probably not in the top 10.
Boston wasn't a great Elevation show. It was good as well but there are probably many that would be more preferable. Chicago wasn't a great Vertigo show at all.

But they were are all 'good enough' and more importantly, many cameras were rolling and they were high quality cameras.

They don't film all of their own shows and the ones they film, aren't all filmed to the same degree of 'coverage' and quality. If The Rose Bowl is as passable as the videos I mentioned, they'll release it.

@bonocomet I simply think it wasn't a great performance at all.. I must admit I'm quite disappointed with the whole show I watched on YT. IMHO, there are too many other concerts much better than RB.

and sometimes I still think U2 should've released the full Milan DVD, yeah, because that was a great, great concert.

Ok thanks alanah, but I guess I still wonder WHY people don't think it was a great show "at all" and were disappointed.

Norman was a great show, great band and great crowd. Wish they'd filmed it for release, even though we were probably the smallest crowd this tour we still made the show. Ask anyone who was there and went to multiple shows. I only went to Norman and Dallas, and honestly Dallas sucked compared to Norman. Thats an odd thing for me to say because i have seen u2 in Dallas 4 times now and loved it every time. I guess Norman was just that much better.

From the people I talked to that went to Dallas, they said that the sound was bad because of the stadium being so big and also that mess with the inner cirlce.

Ok thanks alanah, but I guess I still wonder WHY people don't think it was a great show "at all" and were disappointed.
I don't know..to me, it seemed like the emotion and energy just wasn't there, maybe the interaction between the band and the crowd wasn't so good. Also, I think Bono's voice sounded tired and not great. Honestly, I watched the show on YT and this definitely wasn't great to my eyes and ears..anyway, it's just my opinion and I wish I can think different someday. :(

From the people I talked to that went to Dallas, they said that the sound was bad because of the stadium being so big and also that mess with the inner cirlce.

Dallas wasn't bad by any stretch, just not nearly as good as Norman. The sound was good from where i was at. Also the inner circle mess was nothing compared to the GA line fiasco at the Rose Bowl.

I don't know..to me, it seemed like the emotion and energy just wasn't there, maybe the interaction between the band and the crowd wasn't so good. Also, I think Bono's voice sounded tired and not great. Honestly, I watched the show on YT and this definitely wasn't great to my eyes and ears..anyway, it's just my opinion and I wish I can think different someday. :(

Ok thanks for telling me your reasons Alanah. I guess it's hard for me to see it like that, since I was there. The energy like others have said before was insane. For such a huge place, it sounded great. We had great interaction with the band, and I thought Bono sounded as good as ever. His voice on Amazing Grace blew us away. I have also watched the YT rebroadcast and I see the same great show I was there for that night. So I guess I still don't understand completely, but thanks for giving your opinion :)

and sometimes I still think U2 should've released the full Milan DVD, yeah, because that was a great, great concert.

I can agree with that!

As for 'bonus tracks'... they better give us a nice recording of Electrical Storm and YBR!!!

I think thats kind of to do with the filming imo. There were loads of long shots and shots moving across the stage, so it was hard to feel the intimacy. Also with the claw being so big, and the outer circles being 3 feet away from the crowd, it lacks that intimacy. When you look back at slane, i also feel it lacked intimacy, but it was still an amazing show. I think when it does get released on DVD, there will be alot more close-ups and sensible shots.

Back
Top Bottom