U2 live at the rose bowl release date?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok I can understand that. I don't think anyone has ever said it was their best show of the tour, but they can never really plan ahead to record their "best" show for the dvd right? They just have to hope to get a great show on dvd that represents the tour, which I think they did. Like sexybootsu2 said, a lot of the stuff on you tube hopefully won't be the same on dvd. (For example the yt broadcast lacked the energy at the beginning of Streets, which had everything to do with the camera shots they used.) I too am hoping the dvd will be much better than what was on YT! But I can't agree that they didn't put on a great performance.

I really hope the Rose Bowl show doesn't get an official release. You can't fault the crowd or the band, they were great, but Bono was visibly nervous and off his game. To the point I was convinced he was a bit tipsy throughout the show.

The band didnt have the energy on rose bowl show, Bonos voice was terrible week. Worst versions yet of Magnificent, Uf, Uv and Mos :(

The 2009-09-29 show and the East Rutherford show where great, but there is only on king of the tour, 2009-07-07 - Milan!

I would have to agree that the band seemed flat and off thier game on the night. Musically speaking, at times, it was as poor as i have ever heard the band.

I would have to agree that the band seemed flat and off thier game on the night. Musically speaking, at times, it was as poor as i have ever heard the band.

Wasn't the worst performance I've seen from them to be honest, though it was the worst of the shows I've seen on the 360 tour though, albeit that's just from the 5 i've been to. I hope it wont be released as they're capable of so much more, it's their best tour in over a decade.

My post-show activities involved sitting in beegee's car for an agonizing long time trying to get out of there, and then crashing hard into bed. ;)

Early next year. Too late for Christmas, but they'll want it out before the tour continues in 2010.

U2 never play/act *normally* in front of cameras. :shrug: This is not new.

Ok thanks alanah, but I guess I still wonder WHY people don't think it was a great show "at all" and were disappointed.

It's just getting absurd. Is the U2 camp trying to sabotage Bono? :lol: The last three DVDs have been awful vocally, and the Rose Bowl will be the worst yet. You needn't be at the show to know he had an off night.

Awesome show! The crowd lagged a bit here and there but for the most part the energy was excellent, and the boys were top-notch other than those mild screw ups that went over most people's heads.

Fuck i just wanted a release date for the dvd. Really wanted to watch it for christmas thats all. I was at both east rutherford shows and i dont remember them being that much better than LA. I think U2 should have waited for European date. But fuck it its just a DVD . It aint a big deal.

:wink: Well the BAND thought it was a great show anyway.

Quote:
Bono: "At the end of October, we had one of the best shows of our lives in Los Angeles. We left the stage so excited that we went straight to the studio and recorded three new songs."

I ... I actually really enjoyed watching the Rose Bowl show.

Fuck you to hell, you dirty son of a bitch. Have you no ears? Can you not HEAR that Bono sounds like a donkey being castrated and then slow roasted to death? And that setlist was so fucking bad... why the fuck didn't they play Pride and Ito Okashi? No fucking setlist is worth a fucking damn without those songs. And Edge? Why wasn't he shredding? Those sons of bitches need to get back to the Lovetown Tour.

:wink:

Fuck you to hell, you dirty son of a bitch. Have you no ears? Can you not HEAR that Bono sounds like a donkey being castrated and then slow roasted to death? And that setlist was so fucking bad... why the fuck didn't they play Pride and Ito Okashi? No fucking setlist is worth a fucking damn without those songs. And Edge? Why wasn't he shredding? Those sons of bitches need to get back to the Lovetown Tour.

:wink:

:happy:

Back
Top Bottom