U2 License Plates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
8223_298975970446_512545446_9169227_4171613_n.jpg

I've had similar problems with mine.

Yeah...My wife got mine for my birthday. I wanted something that would politely refer to the fact that I'm black....and a U2 fan. So I went for U2BROTHR. When my wife had to complete the form, it stated clearly that license plates cannot be religious, racist, sexist, or inappropriate in anyway. So she filled out the form stating that U2 was the band....and "Brother" meaning a friend of the band. So I guess I got away with one there. Any mention of race would not be allowed.

The kicker was....I'd drive around Toronto and folks would yell out "Yeah man....or hell ya!" to me. Found out that a lot of people think "U2BROTHR" means "up yours"....or "Fuck you"....or "You as well!"

My wife suggested that I help clarify it a bit so I have an Achtung Baby decal on the rear window.

Worst ever....while in Raleigh.....while wearing the license plate around my neck......an American security guard at the stadium said,

"ONTARIO.......what state is that?!?!?" :crack:

n512545446_1059325_3095.jpg

Just approaching the Elevation tour, I heard about fans getting their personal plates ripped from their cars; I went into action and these are the bolts that I've used to keep my license plates on my car...

oneWayScrew.png

screws2.jpg

No, I meant I liked the original intent... It was clever.

Ohh ok. Yeah, only real U2 fans got it though so it got annoying.

I tried to get U2 MOFO first and they denied it! I said it was a song but they took it as foul language. :grumpy:

Worst ever....while in Raleigh.....while wearing the license plate around my neck......an American security guard at the stadium said,

Now I has a huge sad. :(
:pray: Please, please, please (!!!) believe me when I say that not all of us (which includes somes natives besides myself) are that flippin' ignorant!!! :rant:

You Americans have interesting plates... in the UK we have pretty dismal (and formal) ones.

I want U2 LAJ for mine.

Welcome to the United States of America. :lol:

I used tone have one with "Romi U2." A couple of years ago I decided to save money and go plain again.

WARNING: Temporary thread derail.

With no disrespect to Jocelyn, may I just say how frickin' ADORABLE this picture is?! :cute: It makes me happy every time I see it. :heart:

/thread derail. :D

Mark has the best U2 plate ever, hands down, imo. :up:

And a great supportive wife, to boot. Ever seen his U2 Shrine? That's true love there, folks. :heart:

Damn you Americans. This is totally not possible in my country (not that I have a car yet :wink:).

But those license plates are all really cool! :drool:

:wave: This is mine...:reject:

mahcar-1.jpg

Because when I got the car for my 17th birthday, I was majorly obsessed with that song :cute:
Also, it's a little hard to find something that ISN'T taken in NY. I wrote up a whole list.

here's mine

for as long as I can remember I would always write U2RULES on everything.
It's my username on U2.com, I bought the domain name u2rules.com, I even got the phone number!

But I grew up in California and my whole life I wanted to get U2RULES for my plates but it was taken... and then last year I moved to Seattle:

3046262619_edc38d0e4a.jpg

bigger photo here:
U2RULES on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Back
Top Bottom