U2: Letterman's House Band for a FULL WEEK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fuck yeah.

so I guess everyone complaining about U2 not promoting can shut up now.....

Hey guys, my birthday is on March 4th, I would love an oppurtunity just to c the guys in person! But how would I go about doing this?

Anybody got any other suggestions other than managing to get tickets?

As anybody here waited for any celeb outside the Letterman show?

BTW: I'm not gunna be the girl who's like "IT'S MY BIRTHDAY BONO, SIGN MY SHIT!"

Hey guys, my birthday is on March 4th, I would love an oppurtunity just to c the guys in person! But how would I go about doing this?

Anybody got any other suggestions other than managing to get tickets?

As anybody here waited for any celeb outside the Letterman show?

BTW: I'm not gunna be the girl who's like "IT'S MY BIRTHDAY BONO, SIGN MY SHIT!"

PM me dude

I can easily switch stuff around at work to go. Does anyone want to try in the morning if they don't get tix or we could get them for each other? Knowing my stupid friends none of them will want to go and I could get one to someone if I get them.

You can't get it by plugging your tv into the outlet. It is not a cable channel.

Watch the show over the air - old school?

Or just watch it on youtube or cbs.com?

I'm going to see if I can postpone the move one week. It's local and a couple of guys from work are moving me, plus I have both apartments for the month...so I'll see.

This will also give me time to head into Manhattan one day to try to spot the band at Letterman.

I am moving that week and my cable will be disconnected.

:banghead:

Do you have an HDTV? I use a UHF antenna to pick up CBS (and other american stations) in HD from Buffalo. Would cost you about 50 bucks (or less) to pick up a decent indoor antenna. Of course I guess your mileage would vary depending on how far you are from your local CBS broadcasting tower.

Your HDTV would also need an ATSC input, but most HDTVs made within the last 3-4 years should have it.

sorry joining the thread late...
hoping to get my tix for thursday letterman!
I think the thursday and friday show will be the best of the 5-

desperate? uh, no...
it makes perfect sense that this is the warm up for the 1st leg and kind of a 'cya in the fall USA'.

letterman is cool and it should be AWESOME!

Stupid EW is calling U2 "desperate" for doing this:

U2's five-night Letterman stand: Will you be watching? | PopWatch Blog | EW.com

I love the comments! :up:

I think the person admitted that they might need to do it given today's music industry:

Hey, maybe they do. Nobody can count on guaranteed album sales these days, obviously, and I can't really begrudge Bono & Co. for doing everything they can to remind their fans of their latest project. I bet I'll end up tuning in for at least a couple of nights that week just to see how U2 is sounding, anyway.

Not sure if this has been brought up yet but here is a snippet from a New York Times article...

An appearance by Senator John McCain on Thursday night boosted David Letterman...According to initial overnight ratings, the Letterman show attracted 6.53 million viewers, well above Mr. Letterman's usual total of about 3.5 million viewers...

ARTS, BRIEFLY; McCain Helps Letterman Beat Leno's Ratings - New York Times

So it looks like with big guests, letterman can get over the 6 million mark in number of viewers watching per night. Perhaps U2 can help push it towards 4 or 5 million watching? :hmm:

I put in for tickets, but I don't know what kind of chances I stand. I'm sure his studio doesn't fit more than 100, if even that many.

Do you have any eastern channels? I recently got Atlantic and central Canadian channels, and I love it! One of the advantages of living in the West, I guess.

:wink:

No, I just have basic cable - none of the eastern feeds, unfortunately. That would be awesome, though! It will be worth it - I don't mind being overly exhausted for one week. :lol:

Plus everyone putting in for tix. If I don't I'll go up the morning of the shows and try my chances there or just try to meet them outside. I got 5 days of trying one of them is bound to happen.

Plus everyone putting in for tix. If I don't I'll go up the morning of the shows and try my chances there or just try to meet them outside. I got 5 days of trying one of them is bound to happen.

My thoughts exactly. Except I have plans on Thursday that I can't get out of. At least there are 4 other days!!!! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom