U2 - High Fidelity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gonna Run 2 U

New Yorker
Hey guys well its that time of the season again, new girlfriend. She loves music but she doesn't really know much about u2. Shes really into R&B and I told her I would make her a mix CD of my favorite band (u2). So I'm going to try to make a more romantic album for her I guess you could say but i don't wanna leave out essential rocker goodies. Please suggest some u2 tunes that should 100% be in there with maybe some great B-Sides.

I feel like this is an important introduction to the relationship by giving her a CD of a band so meaningful to me...kinda like high fidelity.

your best bet if she likes R&B (does she like hip hop too?) is to just give her the new Black Eyed Peas CD and tell her "this is the band that opens concerts for U2". Thats really the only way to connect with R&B and hip hop people, musically, for u2 fans. They will either appreciate it or they wont.

I sent her Ultraviolet and she liked it, she likes Kings of Leon too so i figured why not :shrug: Shes just more a fan of R&B..should have included that in my first post I guess.

maybe you could send her come Coldplay songs and tell her its u2?

Okay bad joke....im guessing if she likes Ultraviolet then she would probably like Achtung Baby songs, though unless she is very young she has probably heard some of them at least.

Im guessing from your post that she listens to the radio a lot, since they play KOL too death. Maybe if you wanted to give her a taste of new stuff you could send her GOYB or Magnificent.

I'm probably not the best one to give advice here, i once kicked a girl out of my house because i was trying to play u2 for her but she wanted to hear N*SYNC instead.

U2 Woos Your Bitch:
1) COBL
2) EBTTRT
3) DYFL
4) Spanish Eyes
5) WGRYWH
6) IALW
7) AMATW
8) So Cruel
9) Promenade
10) An Cat Dubh
11) Into The Heart
12) THBAO
13) IYWTVD
14) WOWY
15) AIWIY

Thank me when you're balls deep.

So far I'm definitely including -

Ultraviolet
Are You Gonna Wait Forever
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Stay
Running To Stand Still (Rattle and Hum)
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
Unchained Melody
Promenade
WOWY (Rattle and Hum)
Two Hearts Beat As One

By the way could anyone direct me to the appropriate thread to request Bsides and live songs?

just make sure your not force feeding u2 to her. Thats more likely to have an adverse affect. I would slowly unleash them on her and let her make her own mind up. be prepared that she might just not like them. It is possible you know. If your in the US...and its possible, ad take her to a show. I think most people would be in awe of that and converted.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom