U2 Focus Group

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oregoropa

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
If next week you were selected with say 15 other U2 fans to do a Focus Group where you got to ask the band questions? Give suggestions.

What would be on your list?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

My dad has a ford focus, what do you think about it?

As a consumer, I feel Edge should take his beanie off once in a while. It makes me think he's hiding something from the world.

Why not go ahead and release all this extra material you've recorded and never plan to release as digital files or something?

I'd ask them if they can bring the slide solo back for Mysterious Ways live

Would they consider doing a live-album show with a full symphony orchestra, just like Metallica S+M ? I'd tell them it would be a big seller and raise their profile just before SOE comes out.

Bono, I've had this pain in my knee for the last couple of months...right under my kneecap. What's your diagnosis? Also, how much child support are you currently paying for Leo?

I think you all are confusing "Focus Group" with "Twitter Chat" or "Reddit AMA."

As we are the consumers, the band is supposed to ask US questions to make their product better.

Which they really should never, ever, ever, ever do. Unless I'm invited.

I think you all are confusing "Focus Group" with "Twitter Chat" or "Reddit AMA."

As we are the consumers, the band is supposed to ask US questions to make their product better.

Which they really should never, ever, ever, ever do. Unless I'm invited.

I was imagining a Focus Group like they have after Presidential Debates. 20 people answering questions making comments about what they thought of the performances.

But instead its a small group of fans interacting with the Band face to face.

A focus group is brought together to discuss a certain topic or find an answer to a question. So to set up a focus group solely to ask certain people questions makes it not a focus group actually. You're looking for a different word, I don't know what it is, but it is definitely not a focus group.

After the concert, they can gather us in the room and ask "What would you do to improve the concert experience?"

I would offer up the following:

* Give me an apple box to stand on so I can see.

* Make Edge take off his hat at least once during the show. If Bono can take off his glasses for dramatic effect, then Edge can step up as well.

* The concert would be improved immensely if they acknowledged the mere existence of Pop. Even a "Yes, yes, we know we made that album. Would everybody just shut up about it?" Because that counts as acknowledgment.

* I find Bono's blond hair alarming. Make him change it. But keep it short, because I would be disturbed and sad if he grew it long. As a consumer, I like my aging rock stars tidy.

* More cowbell

Last edited:
* The concert would be improved immensely if they acknowledged the mere existence of Pop. Even a "Yes, yes, we know we made that album. Would everybody just shut up about it?" Because that counts as acknowledgment.

I would just keep asking this until Larry politely requested me to leave the room

...except they snippeted Mofo during Iris on the 1st/3rd shows of the tour, so that's job done for the tour I guess :grumpy:

In a focus group, wouldn't the participants be behind a two-way mirror, with the band observing us from the other side? (This is how I understand it to be from TV and movies, so it must be true.)

In that case, Larry would eventually throw a chair through the two-way mirror, and that would be the end of the focus group.

In a focus group, wouldn't the participants be behind a two-way mirror, with the band observing us from the other side? (This is how I understand it to be from TV and movies, so it must be true.)

In that case, Larry would eventually throw a chair through the two-way mirror, and that would be the end of the focus group.

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1450149785.540588.jpg
ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1450149803.539457.jpg

"They like Itchy, they like Scratchy, one kid seems to love the speedo man"

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

"They like Itchy, they like Scratchy, one kid seems to love the speedo man"

:love:

ralph.gif

Usually you just sit in a circle of chairs, or a regular classroom with the Focus Group leader in front of the whiteboard, marking down interesting things. There's a lot of common techniques to help the group gather their thoughts like making word spiders, or use memo notes, the leader can ask more specific questions and is expected to lead the group towards the path of what the researchers are interested in. As a group of people will often get off topic very easily it is very much needed.

I hated doing focus groups. :lol: Probably very easy to tell. Though it was fun to participate in them as you could troll as much as you'd like, because it is good for researchers in training to get used to people being asshats. :D

Bono - why do you keep the solution to world hunger, Ebola and Cancer to yourself?

Ball is in your court......

5d66bea38e6298da67fa929ddecd53d8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom