U2 fans=Obsessive?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Obsession is great! The only time Im not proud to be a U2 nut is when my fellow zealots cant admit when they lay a weak album.

Ok, but it's your opinion. So it's fine if the zealots share your opinion, but as soon as they don't you're no longer proud?

Talk about issues...

Obsession is great! The only time Im not proud to be a U2 nut is when my fellow zealots cant admit when they lay a weak album. Not unlike Radiohead fans; who proclaim everything RH does as genious, (Its NOT). Everything they (U2) do isnt golden. Just consider that for a minute-- that's (to me) the line between Obessivly loving a band- and mindlessly worshiping them. (Which I CAN IMAGINE:doh: THEY WOULDNT WANT from their fans.

Obsession can also turn into something negative, as seen here on this board many times: Fans who are eager to find negativity about anything and everything the band does. That's the other extreme and also a form of obsession.

And the "weak album" is totally subjective. Personally, I don't think U2 have ever done a weak album, though I freely admit that there are U2 albums I like more than others and some I don't listen to as often.

And obsessive love and worship are very close to each other. Both can be very unhealthy.

I admit. I don't read every post. But, isn't this a U2 listener, I like the band, website?

If some folks don't like U2. That is fine. I'm sure there must be some sort of "I hate Bono" or "U2 sucks" and other childish websites, where they can post.

I'm not a listener of country music. But, I would never go onto websites and make fun of these musicians. It's hurtful.

Let me guess, you had a fundamental disagreement over whether Michael Jackson was pop, rock, rnb or just plain ol confused as fuck?

:applaud: Yes, that was it! This dilemna plagued me for days.

I admit. I don't read every post. But, isn't this a U2 listener, I like the band, website?

If some folks don't like U2. That is fine. I'm sure there must be some sort of "I hate Bono" or "U2 sucks" and other childish websites, where they can post.

I'm not a listener of country music. But, I would never go onto websites and make fun of these musicians. It's hurtful.

I agree with 'tis post! This is exactly what I've always thought about these childish websites. Some people need to get a life. It's summer. Why don't they go out and catch some rays? Or take up a hobby like ballroom dancing, fly fishing or model train collecting.

Last edited:
Crazy-Train-BIG.jpg

YOU lot are obsessive
Just like i am about the Almighty Oasis
But my U2 obsession is increasingly growing

Back
Top Bottom