U2 drinking games

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

major_panic

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
So, those of us who read that Andrew P Street bloke's article about NLOTH will recall his quite hilarious "Adam Clayton Root Chord Drinking Game", which got me thinking. We need more U2 drinking songs round here, especially for when we have parties to celebrate the release of the album, before and after concerts, and at unrelated street events.

Hence, I invite you all to post your very own U2 drinking games!

I'll start off with my own, the U2 N oLi ne On T heH orizon OOOOHHH OOOOHHH Drinking Game:

Whenever Bono or Edge sing OOOOHHHH OOOOOHHHH or WHOAAAAAHH in NLOTH, you take a shot. Drunkenness and possible liver poisoning guaranteed within the first six songs of the album!

Another great game to play would be the Axver Hates Most Of Achtung Baby Game - every time U2 play a song from that album during a setlist, you take a shot for each minute the song goes on for!

So let us eat, drink and be merry, and post our own drinking games, people.

respect.

I have a few ideas.

Every time Bono sings about kneeling, have a shot.

Everytime Axver/Shaunvox says something negative about U2, have a shot.

Everytime Bono interrupts a song live for a speech, have a shot.

Everytime Larry gives him deathglares, have a shot.

Another great game to play would be the Axver Hates Most Of Achtung Baby Game - every time U2 play a song from that album during a setlist, you take a shot for each minute the song goes on for!

I'm going to try this at the next U2 concert I see just so that I'm completely blind by the time the band plays One. I'll probably think it's J. Swallow or something and everybody will wonder why the fuck I'm actually getting excited about One for a change.

The Post-ATYCLB Hearts And Souls Drinking Game:

Every time Bono sings about Kneeling, Knees, Heart, Love, Soul or Goal, take a shot. Bonus points for Africa: double shot.

U2 Greatest Hits setlist: every time you listen to a U2 boot or go to a U2 concert and a song is played from JT, Achtung, or any Best Of, take a shot. If song is on multiple releases, take as many shots as releases it's on.

GUARANTEED TO GIVE YOU ALCOHOL POISONING BY THE ENCORE.

(Guarantee not valid on pre-1987 concerts or in Djibouti.)

U2 Greatest Hits setlist: every time you listen to a U2 boot or go to a U2 concert and a song is played from JT, Achtung, or any Best Of, take a shot. If song is on multiple releases, take as many shots as releases it's on.

GUARANTEED TO GIVE YOU ALCOHOL POISONING BY THE ENCORE.

(Guarantee not valid on pre-1987 concerts or in Djibouti.)

I don't think we should endorse this. It could have death as a result, seriously!

Everybody's going to get pissed way too easily if we would all have a shot every time U2 does ... (fill in your favourite one here) :drunk: The biggest question of all shall be, of course, if we all will still be able to recognise one another at U2 gigs? :hmm: :lol:

I just had an idea.

Every time a thread about NLOTH gets started in the wrong forum section, take a shot.

Every time a useless thread about NLOTh that could just as well be posted in an existing thread, take a shot.

For every different note Edge plays, drink a shot.

You'll come out of a concert relatively sober.

Do a keg stand every time there is a close up of the guys' faces or instruments

(I get wasted watching the elevation dvd, usually by UTEOTW) :lol:

I totally wanted to do a game while watching the Outside It's America documentary from 1987, where you do something everytime Bono says "only in America!". This seemed like a really good idea, until I realised he only says it... twice in the entire thing, and within the space of about a minute.

SO!!!!!!!!(!)!

What you do is this: On the first "only in America!" get out your bottle of hooch, and start sculling. You must finish before he says the second "only in America!"! Good times! Rules: You can only do this in America.

1. Make list of Bono vocal cliches
2. Drink, following rules
3. Throw up after two songs
4. Continue drinking

~ Ambulance on standby

Canadiens!!!!

A shot for every ten seconds longer One lasts compared to the album version. Guaranteed to have you tipsy before "is it getting better..."

A shot for everytime you read Chris Martin self-deprecating in relation to u2..

Canadiens!!!!

A shot for every ten seconds longer One lasts compared to the album version. Guaranteed to have you tipsy before "is it getting better..."

A shot for everytime you read Chris Martin self-deprecating in relation to u2..

Well, seeing as most live versions of last tour lasted at least 6 minutes, I smell another liver failure coming up!

And to add to the last one, how about:

A shot for everytime Coldplay/Chris Martin is mentioned in EYKIW in relation to U2. Wether it's comparison or bitching.

Back
Top Bottom