U2 Conference in NYC May 13-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anu mentioned this awhile back. I started working on an abstract until I found out it was something ridiculous like $400 or $500 to register. It's a shame...I think it could've been a great experience, but they probably priced out a lot of people who would've considered going.

They've got some really interesting sounding papers and some that sound pretty awful ("Bono's Sweat"? :lol: ) It doesn't surprise me that the author of that awful 33 1/3 book on Achtung Baby is on the list. That's the only name I recognize, except that I think Ruffian is one of the presenters :hmm:

wow, this conference looks like it takes advantage of the huge number people of who are both hardcore U2 nerds and super-rich. I'm sure it will be a complete success :up:

i was going to try to come up with some sort of presentation but yeah.....time & prices...

We should find a really rich blue crackhead to finance the entire thing and provide hotel accommodations/flights/expensive meals to everyone. :cute:

I clicked on the link. It looks like one of the sponsors is Cedarville University, which is a conservative Baptist/Evangelical school in Ohio (?). The plot thickens...

This is way more expensive than most academic conferences, and the "conference rate" at the hotel was still over $200 a night. A lot of colleges will cover some travel expenses for faculty or grad students presenting at conferences, but I have a hard time believing any school would cover $1,000+. Greil Marcus is the keynote speaker (or was scheduled to be, last time I checked), but for that price tag, I'd expect someone even more notable.

Bono would not be okay with this :sad:

Back
Top Bottom