U2.com's latest subscription "gift"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's remarkable to think we should only be 8 weeks away from the 2015/16 gift announcement.

No doubt another messy year with a stack of fans in that transition period who will get a 2nd copy of the ATAP LP (or nothing at all).

U2.com needs to bite the bullet and fix this every increasing problem.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Oh look what finally showed up! I got the email about 6 weeks ago that is has been shipped. Oh well, better late than never I suppose. Off to listen before Berlin 2

I got an email saying it had been shipped over a month ago with a tracking link that didn't work.
I Waited 2 weeks and then emailed asking if there was an issue and was told to wait another week.
I waited another two weeks and was then told they would ship me another one and to confirm my address and was now told that it is currently out of stock and they will ship it when it becomes available.

Not holding my breath or anything at this point.

My subscription ends this month. Does anyone know if there is a possibility to re-new already, but receive the néw gift (that will probably announced in November?).

No doubt I will renew my subscription, but if I will receive the vinyl again, i think it's better to wait 1-2 months although a néw subscription will costs $50 instead of $40 for the renewal of my current subscription.

Email them and tell them you would like to renew your membership again but do not want the same gift a second time. I did this for the last renewal and they added me to a list to have the new gift sent out when it was available, as you can see above I had some issues (I think mostly because I moved during that time and my address changed) but it still worked out. I'm not sure if this is still their policy but its worth finding out.

Email them and tell them you would like to renew your membership again but do not want the same gift a second time. I did this for the last renewal and they added me to a list to have the new gift sent out when it was available, as you can see above I had some issues (I think mostly because I moved during that time and my address changed) but it still worked out. I'm not sure if this is still their policy but its worth finding out.

Good to hear they gave a solution for the same problem in the past, I will contact them!

Still haven't heard a thing about this vinyl I'm supposed to get. Assuming its probably too late now, even though I have an email saved that says despite getting a second copy of Northside Story I will also get the next gift sent to me.
If I'm not getting it after being told I was and haven't even been informed then that's pretty pissweak and amateur.

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

Still haven't heard a thing about this vinyl I'm supposed to get. Assuming its probably too late now, even though I have an email saved that says despite getting a second copy of Northside Story I will also get the next gift sent to me.
If I'm not getting it after being told I was and haven't even been informed then that's pretty pissweak and amateur.

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

I'm in the same position. Even after arguing with them and sending them screen caps and saved emails proving they owe me a copy, they said they would look into sending me one. That was over a month ago and have heard nothing since.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I'm in the same position. Even after arguing with them and sending them screen caps and saved emails proving they owe me a copy, they said they would look into sending me one. That was over a month ago and have heard nothing since.

I actually received Another time Another place myself so not complaining about that. But dealing with U2.com can be so fucking frustrating at times.

I got my first paid subscribtion to their site this year. Mainly to get tickets during presale. Anything extra was nice. So I recieved the vinyl, and now I wanted to use my coupon code in the U2.com store.

Turns out. My whole membership is lost (Its not even a year ago) And they say they can not trace anything... tell my I have and HAD no membership etc.

I can prove I was a member by A: Showing them the confirmation mail that I bought tickets during the presale.
and B: I got the damn vinyl + the small letter they send me..
And C: I can pull up the payment I made from my CC to the fanclub.

But they still deny I am or was a member.

How Could I have received/done either of those without a membership. :down:
Pretty pissed off about it ATM. Kinda sad that you have to convince and argue with their so called support team.
People paid for this. :(

Yes- same experience. They tell me only people who received two North Side Story books are eligible for Another Time Another Place. So I sent them both shipping confirmation emails from U2.com- one from February and one from November. Their reply: thank you for your patronage. I'm sorry, you're not eligible. WTF. So frustrating:down:

So when I subscribed last year I signed up to get North Side Story but they accidentally sent me the vinyl. I didn't care, but now that I re-subscribed they want to send me the vinyl again. I called and asked to be put on the list for the next fan club gift, but the guy I spoke to said that wasn't possible. Does anyone have any experience with something like this or advice? I really don't want another copy of Another Time, Another Place when I could get something new.

Their site is really irritating me. I know their "people" are not running their website nor their online store anymore but that is still no excuse. Gift aside (which I received late like the rest of you), I ordered other merch 3 months ago and have never received it. Complaint #1 was sent 3 weeks after the order. I tried going the Live Nation/Fanfire route but never received any response. So I tried u2.com/help and I did receive a response saying the item was "on its way" to the warehouse and I would receive a shipping notice soon. That was the last I heard from them. I've contacted them 3 more times with no response. It's a shame because there is more tour merch that has popped up on the store that I want but I am skeptical of ever receiving that stuff either. Has anyone else been having problems lately?

Seems to me that the last couple of weeks, the support team isn't giving a shit about people anymore. some seriously messed up complaints here that haven't been

A: Understood , and B: Solved.

Seems to me that the last couple of weeks, the support team isn't giving a shit about people anymore. some seriously messed up complaints here that haven't been

A: Understood , and B: Solved.

OMG they suck so bad….I ordered a shirt that came with a completely crooked logo on it. It was a back ordered item that did not come with a shipping label. I threw out the shipping label from my other items. I'm trying to get them to send me a return form and shipping label. They keep emailing me saying they have attached these items but they have not. I don't see anything at all that remotely looks like anything to click on to print. A few times I've been told they forgot to include the attachment and will do so this time. Still nothing. I've tried calling countless times to discuss my issue, at various times of the day, but no one ever answers the phones. With the exception of my membership, I will never order anything from U2.com again. This has just been the worst experience of online ordering for me. :angry:

Were getting very close to the new subscription package being announced aint we. Normally last week in november if i remember right.

Got to be something tour related

Part of me now rather wants to jump off a building or wait for ticket drops, than to be a subscriber to the worst membership/fanclub of a band in the world.

ARW , I gave up after they acted like thye didn't even understand what the problem was. Nobody is that stupid. Not even the people who run U2's fanstore.

i remember when i ordered fly shades from these crooks in 1999. i dealt with a lady by the name of cecilia coffey or something to that effect. absolutely mind-numbing ordeal.

needless to say i spent the cash and never got the product. sorry to hear that the fanclub is still a disaster, although i'm not surprised.

i remember when i ordered fly shades from these crooks in 1999. i dealt with a lady by the name of cecilia coffey or something to that effect. absolutely mind-numbing ordeal.

needless to say i spent the cash and never got the product. sorry to hear that the fanclub is still a disaster, although i'm not surprised.

I wonder if that is Larry's sister, Cecilia.

Anyone had any luck contacting U2.com regarding 2015/16 gift - how to resubscribe and not get another copy of ATAP?

I had to resubscribe and they refused to wait for the new gift, they will send me another copy of ATAP.
They suck.

I got sent an extra copy of North Side story when I resubscribed but got an email saying I would also get a copy of the new gift.
Guess what? U2.com lies.
Bunch of amateurs.

Yes, same here. I fought with them over it, they refused to budge. Now I resubscribed 2 weeks ago, still waiting for my ATAP. Crickets.

U2.com's latest subscription "gift"

Well that's good news from U2.com, permanently adding an extra couple of months to everyone's subscription that ended between October 2015 & January 2016.

Announcement coming in January for 2016 gift. Guaranteeing new gift goes to all renewals who want it.

Very pleased with that outcome.

Back
Top Bottom