U2.com's latest subscription "gift"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I renewed the weekend before the announcement for the new gift. When I saw a new gift was being sent I figured I would be getting that. But no…I got the exact same thing I got last year. In fact, I immediately emailed them and asked if they could hold off on sending my "gift" until the new item was ready to be shipped. They said no. It was because I renewed before the announcement, seriously it was really just a day or two before, so they couldn't do anything for me but to ship out the same book I got last year but then was reminded that when I renew again the next time, I'll be eligible for this "gift." :| Between this situation and the fact that they canceled part of my order from their store without sending me a note to let me know my item was out of stock, I'm just really frustrated with this website. I placed an order a few weeks ago with multiple items using my 25% coupon and an item was canceled. Instead of contacting me to ask if I wanted something else since I used a coupon, they just refunded me the money. I found out when I checked my bank balance and there was a credit listed from the store. I would have loved to have picked a different shirt and still gotten 25% off but I wasn't given that chance. I thought about asking them if I could get something else with the coupon but I opted not to waste my time since they aren't about customer service. Instead I had a friend going to one of the final shows pick up my shirt for me where I paid full price and shipping for it.

got mine last week.. I'd forgotten about it to be honest. If you don't get yours make sure you chase it the record sounds absolutely brilliant!

Still nothing, anyone any idea who runs the show now? Any email address etc?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Just received my e-mails saying it was shipped via UPS. Should be here in a week or so.

Still nothing, anyone any idea who runs the show now? Any email address etc?

Don't use their e-mail. Call the 800 number listed in the store on U2.com for your part of the world. That's how it's always worked for me when there was mix-ups or whatever, and almost all stories on here about using e-mail end with fans not getting a response.

i guess, i don't know. Honestly im not greedy i just don't want to be left out.

I don't think anyone here is being greedy about it. It's just people have legitimate worries because of past disappointments (like not receiving their gifts at all). And there's just no real rhyme or reason to the way things are run.

Aaaaaaaand got my email today. Hopefully all the February people will be getting yours soon too. I think if you renewed before Feb. of this year, and haven't received an emali yet, it wouldn't hurt to start contacting them about it.

=It doesn't make any sense. Becuase I'm sure my subscribtion date was somewhere in February too.

U2.com's latest subscription "gift"

That number above doesn't help, I called and they said LiveNation no longer supports U2.com. She gave me a different number: 855-867-5297

Sounds like my issue is what I thought- I had gotten 2 of last year's gift, so I called and was put on "a list" to get the new one instead. Sounds like this list may be imaginary. Still on hold... And why don't they play U2 music on hold?

Eta- sounds like the issue happened when They switched from LiveNation. They are looking into it.

Last edited:
Just got an email that all tracks from the album are now available for download on U2.com.

Whoot.

Also says all gifts have been shipped. Hopefully it'll show up in a week or so here too

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

And U2.com has confirmed I am not entitled to the new gift. So if anyone else's renewal landed in the fall "no man's land" before the new gift was announced and you called LiveNation and had yourself added to "The List" to get the new gift instead of a second North Side Story, well tough titties, my friend.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

BWU2Buffs sent me his copy in exchange for the postage costs as he didn't need it, which was very kind of him. arrived yesterday, can't wait to listen when I get back from my holiday :hyper:

I got mine ... although once again they managed to leave my name off the address. (I have it sent to work, since getting UPS at home sucks if I'm not there.)

But at least they had my mail stop, so whoever opened it can be all "oh, this is a U2 thing. I know who this is for." Ha.

I got this email when renewing last November. So far I haven't heard jack about my vinyl.

"Thank you for contacting Live Nation Member Services.

Unfortunately, the membership bonuses are still in the 2014 phase, meaning any memberships renewed will still receive the same subscription package. However, I have received word that members who renew within this time span will also receive the new 2015 gift when it is announced, as well as the 2014 gift again.

To ensure you get the 2015 gift when it is announced, I have added your order to a list of customers who will receive both gifts. Once the 2015 gift is announced, I will ensure you receive it. Feel free to keep the extra book and do with it what you wish!

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us."

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

I got this email when renewing last November. So far I haven't heard jack about my vinyl.

"Thank you for contacting Live Nation Member Services.

Unfortunately, the membership bonuses are still in the 2014 phase, meaning any memberships renewed will still receive the same subscription package. However, I have received word that members who renew within this time span will also receive the new 2015 gift when it is announced, as well as the 2014 gift again.

To ensure you get the 2015 gift when it is announced, I have added your order to a list of customers who will receive both gifts. Once the 2015 gift is announced, I will ensure you receive it. Feel free to keep the extra book and do with it what you wish!

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us."

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

Unfortunately I called and talked to someone, so I have no paper trail. Maybe I'll do a search for a similar email somewhere lost in my inbox.

I listened to the clips of the few tracks on the website and it sounds excellent! I am kind of disappointed that I didn't renew this year, because I don't have any good sounding bootlegs of any of U2's earliest live stuff, and this sounds like a crystal clear copy! (I love that guitar in Electric Co.:drool::drool::drool:)

there's a great bootleg of Boston 1980 or 81 on U2start. I think it was a radio broadcast.

It's pretty great, what we have of the gig cos I'm sure that's not all of it. It's full of energy and hairs-on-the-back-of-the-neck moments, the mistakes give it even more charm...I've been playing it a lot since it was made available to download

just listening to this for the first time (must confess to not touching the vinyl yet and downloading the album once someone finally uploaded it to what.cd) sounds so great! always love hearing early U2 gigs so a proper recording is always welcome

Back
Top Bottom