U2.com's latest subscription "gift" - Page 47 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2019, 11:09 AM   #691
Refugee

Local Time: 02:47 AM
I must be the only guy that's been to shows on the last 3 tours and just enjoyed it,not moaning about set lists or phantom guitar players. Glasgow was rocking on the I-e tour,so was Twickenham on the JT tour. And Manchester was amazing last year. So I'm that rare U2 fan that has no complaints.

super fly guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 02:03 AM   #692
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by super fly guy View Post
I must be the only guy that's been to shows on the last 3 tours and just enjoyed it,not moaning about set lists or phantom guitar players. Glasgow was rocking on the I-e tour,so was Twickenham on the JT tour. And Manchester was amazing last year. So I'm that rare U2 fan that has no complaints.

No complaining from me either , last 3 tours have been amazing

rennowba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 07:21 AM   #693
Refugee

We are a rare breed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rennowba View Post
No complaining from me either , last 3 tours have been amazing
Old 09-08-2019, 07:40 AM   #694
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:47 PM
The day we just sit around talking about how great U2 is without any sort of constructive criticism is the day we might as well all join @u2 instead.

I thoroughly enjoyed all three of the last tours. I thoroughly disagree with Laz on the JT tour.

There still are improvements that could have beenar, specifically on the US e/i leg.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 11:21 AM   #695
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
The day we just sit around talking about how great U2 is without any sort of constructive criticism is the day we might as well all join @u2 instead.

I thoroughly enjoyed all three of the last tours. I thoroughly disagree with Laz on the JT tour.

There still are improvements that could have beenar, specifically on the US e/i leg.
Agree,but for people to say they are finished and going through the motions is just wrong. Any tour that has acrobat played live is worth going to see.

Its only us obsessed fans that care about different set lists every night. I took my girlfriend to a JT show and e-i show, and she is a casual fan at best. And she said the were awesome each time, especially the e-i show as you are so close to them.

They played the little things at the first twickenham show and she asked me to add it to our playlist on spotify, had to say I couldn't as they hadn't released it yet! That's their only downfall,play a great song live months before the album is released,then drop it on the actual tour!
Old 09-08-2019, 01:59 PM   #696
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I thought for sure Little Things was going to be the epic show closer before the EI tour happened. I wouldn’t have believed that they weren’t going to play it at all.

I enjoyed all 3 tours as well, just thought they seemed a little less into the Joshua Tree then the tours supporting the new albums. I also agree that the EI tour got much better about halfway through Europe, when the overhauled the setlist. The first setlist wasn’t bad, but reusing the Iris-cedarwood-subs-uteow sequence was kinda lame.
The_acrobat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 02:02 PM   #697
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post

Exactly. I’ve greatly enjoyed every U2 gig I’ve been to, but nothing is so perfect that there aren’t ways to improve it (to misquote John Siracusa). E&I was far more ambitious than I was expecting, which was great, but my wishing that they’d done more to arrange the songs for the stage doesn’t take away from the good things they did on tour.
tommycharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 02:08 PM   #698
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_acrobat View Post
I thought for sure Little Things was going to be the epic show closer before the EI tour happened. I wouldn’t have believed that they weren’t going to play it at all.

I also agree that the EI tour got much better about halfway through Europe, when the overhauled the setlist. The first setlist wasn’t bad, but reusing the Iris-cedarwood-subs-uteow sequence was kinda lame.
I didn’t particularly care for the Chaplin intro, but the Zoo section in the middle was definitely an improvement.

The tricky thing about Little Things would have been figuring out where to put it. I can think of 3 spots:
- opening the encore before One
- closing the main set after COBL
- (longshot) at the start before The Blackout

*I* from my armchair think any of these would have worked fine, but they would have been hard to sell to the band, I suspect.
Old 09-13-2019, 03:24 AM   #699
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:47 AM
Two more songs have been made available for download, California (There Is No End To Love) and 13 (There Is A Light). Plus they say that shipping will finally begin next month.
https://www.u2.com/news/title/two-mo...elivery-update
Quote:
The big news is - and thank you everyone for your patience - dispatch of the physical double-CD set begins next month. (It looks beautiful!)

Once the physical copies start leaving the warehouse in October we’ll email subscribers with more specific timings.
That's about time, as we've been waiting for this set to be finalized for ages. (I believe it's even close to when the new subscriber gift will be announced)
Popmartijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 07:03 AM   #700
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:47 AM
Take EOIs for a vinyl run
dan_smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 01:06 PM   #701
War Child

Wow, California kicks ass live. From the couple of videos I'd seen I had vague memories that the chorus didn't come across well, but that's not true at all, this is great... it's a shame it didn't find a permanent home in the setlist. The Red Flag Day of I&E, in that sense.

13 here isn't bad either, although not including the phonecall to Ali at the end was an odd choice - unless he only did that in the American leg and I missed that detail. Based on this recording I'd like to see a verse/chorus of 13 used as the segue into Streets sometime.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:44 PM   #702
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycharles View Post
13 here isn't bad either, although not including the phonecall to Ali at the end was an odd choice - unless he only did that in the American leg and I missed that detail. Based on this recording I'd like to see a verse/chorus of 13 used as the segue into Streets sometime.
I never witnessed a version of 13 where Bono did that. And was at the Montreal shows (the only NA shows I attended). Aren't you mixing things up with Bono's 'facetime' with Ali after Acrobat (and before You're The Best Thing About Me)?
Popmartijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 06:48 PM   #703
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I was at one of the few shows where they played “California”, in Chicago. It was probably the most well received of all the new songs, and the band definitely nailed it. I assumed after that night it would become a b-stage regular, because it went off so well. Instead, they didn’t play it again for the rest of the tour. Silly U2...
The_acrobat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 05:31 AM   #704
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycharles View Post
Wow, California kicks ass live. From the couple of videos I'd seen I had vague memories that the chorus didn't come across well, but that's not true at all, this is great... it's a shame it didn't find a permanent home in the setlist. The Red Flag Day of I&E, in that sense.

He never did the phone call during 13.

The phone call came before Best Thing.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 10:03 AM   #705
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_acrobat View Post
I was at one of the few shows where they played “California”, in Chicago. It was probably the most well received of all the new songs, and the band definitely nailed it. I assumed after that night it would become a b-stage regular, because it went off so well. Instead, they didn’t play it again for the rest of the tour. Silly Typical U2...
Fixed

Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote