U2.com's latest subscription "gift"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Many physical releases come with a digital copy. A DVD in the time of 4K blu ray and streaming is both stupid and lazy.

Many physical releases come with a digital copy. A DVD in the time of 4K blu ray and streaming is both stupid and lazy.

In all fairness, this one does come with a digital 'copy'. It is available for streaming (not sure if in 4K but I believe at least in HD) on U2.com.

It ain’t a digital copy if it’s not redeemable through the standard platforms (Vudu, iTunes, MA).

I hear ya, I'd preferred a Blu-Ray myself as well. Though first I want to get this package delivered to me, it's already been a few weeks since I got my shipping notice. :waiting:
Mine was delivered to my old house weeks ago and then reforward to my new house. Arrived this week. I changed my address when they said "hey, we're going to be shipping soon so please update your addresses" and it still went to the wrong one.

Exactly!

I'm still hoping for a commercial blu ray release...
Stupid and lazy, that's Universal, their record company. Comparing to other artists there are very few releases. Hope we'll see the Joshua Tree film by the end of 2021 (in a nice proper deluxe box WITH blu-ray), but they'll find a way to delay it.

What are everyone’s thoughts on the Lyric Collections we’ll be getting this year(and next?) The band seem to be getting away from releasing things commercially and using them for the fan club instead( i.e. e and I DVD).

Was digging the vinyl releases (ok, not the 3D mixes) but this seems fine. Hardcover, I hope.

Yeah - for fans outside of regular touring markets who get nothing else for their membership, this is on the weaker side. JT live blu ray, live vinyl, AB 30 live from the Sphere. Heaps of better things to do with this.

OK, so just got the email saying my subscription has 30 days remaining and here are my options for a "gift":

Option 1 includes 'U2: The Complete Lyrics' ( Volume 1, 1979-1988) our 2023 gift for subscribers.
Option 2 includes 'U2 Achtung Baby 30 - Live', the limited edition CD set featuring 12 live version of tracks from Achtung Baby recorded over thirty years.
Option 3 includes both 'U2: The Complete Lyrics' ( Volume 1, 1979-1988) AND 'U2 Achtung Baby 30 - Live'.

Now, I got the Achtung Baby Live CD as my 2022 "gift". And last week I got the shipping notice that the Complete Lyrics book has finally shipped as my 2023 "gift".
So for 2024, I choose between 2 things I already have (or will have shortly)?
WTF?
This is beyond stupid, lazy and insulting.

That's all that's available on the site.

At least put up a "TBD 2024 gift" option.
Lazy.
This happened last time and that’s exactly what they’ll do, even though I think they already announced the rest of the lyrics in a book as the next gift when this current gift was formally announced.

Seems like they were expecting a new album out by now though, would seem odd to finalise “the complete” lyrics and have them arrive at people’s houses around the time a new album is released if the lyrics aren’t in it

Seems like they were expecting a new album out by now though, would seem odd to finalise “the complete” lyrics and have them arrive at people’s houses around the time a new album is released if the lyrics aren’t in it
The 2024 "gift" will likely arrive in 2027, so new album won't be out yet.

OK, so just got the email saying my subscription has 30 days remaining and here are my options for a "gift":

Option 1 includes 'U2: The Complete Lyrics' ( Volume 1, 1979-1988) our 2023 gift for subscribers.
Option 2 includes 'U2 Achtung Baby 30 - Live', the limited edition CD set featuring 12 live version of tracks from Achtung Baby recorded over thirty years.
Option 3 includes both 'U2: The Complete Lyrics' ( Volume 1, 1979-1988) AND 'U2 Achtung Baby 30 - Live'.

Now, I got the Achtung Baby Live CD as my 2022 "gift". And last week I got the shipping notice that the Complete Lyrics book has finally shipped as my 2023 "gift".
So for 2024, I choose between 2 things I already have (or will have shortly)?
WTF?
This is beyond stupid, lazy and insulting.
I've emailed them to ask which one to pick as I'm in the same exact situation. I'll be honest, I'm getting old and the whole way of having to select the gift a while back made me think I'd already renewed my sub.

If we get the next lyric book next year and they release an album the month after, that would be the most U2 thing ever.

FWIW, I really like this lyric book. It's twice the size and at least twice more lavish than I was expecting. Of course there's errors in it, but you know, U2 keep on being U2...

Back
Top Bottom