U2.com's latest subscription "gift"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still no email.
And probably take a few weeks to reach Australia.

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

I got my email a few hours before I saw anyone report getting theirs. Not expecting to see it for a week or so thougg

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I got an e-mail but the tracking # link didn't work. It is being shipped to my old address. Now i get to liaise with no-so-great former roommate to hopefully get it into my hands :down: :doh:

No one has answered the question yet: download code or no? Maybe no one is opening them?

No download code. My brother opened it and there was a slip of paper that said "go to U2.com to download digitally".

The full thing isn't up yet obviously so I'm guessing they'll put it up later in the year.

Just received mine today! Here's a few photos...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2015-07-29 17.21.16.jpg
    2015-07-29 17.21.16.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 227
  • 2015-07-29 17.19.05.jpg
    2015-07-29 17.19.05.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 221
  • File Jul 29, 6 10 23 PM.jpg
    File Jul 29, 6 10 23 PM.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 221
Just received mine today! Here's a few photos...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

It's too bad they didn't play Acrobat or Crystal Ballroom or Drowning man....
And UUGGHHHH - did we really need ANOTHER version of I Will Follow?!
Also - they shoulda ended with 40.

But it still looks awesome.

PS - thanks for sharing the photos. Can't wait to hear this...

Last edited:
Still PO'd they never sent me the Zoo TV CD I was told I'd get with U22... :angry:. I literally subscribed for that live album (cause, you know, Zoo TV was amazing).

Damnit, it's from the Marquee show we already have a setlist for: U2 London, 1980-09-29, Marquee Club, Boy Tour - U2 on tour

Though there are some interesting divergences. Touch and Twilight and the second go-around of 11OTT aren't included on this release, and the setlist (which I thought was drawn from a bootleg?) does not list Boy/Girl, so I wonder where that's from.

And hang on, where's that ATAP on side four from?

I got a shipping notice saying it was sent to my old address. I changed my address at U2.com when I moved in June. I replied to the shipping notice telling them they had sent it to my old address and that I had updated my profile over a month ago. The reply I got was less than helpful with them saying that all orders get sent to the original order address. This would be fine if the order was processed at that time, but I renewed in January long before I even knew I was moving in June. I have written back again pleading my case, but I'm not that hopeful. Unfortunately, I didn't just move across town, but moved about 700km. I put in a change of address with Canada Post, but this is coming via UPS. It's all very frustrating to say the least.

I would recommend calling them, not writing them. I was in the same position as you with the U22 packages, as they went off the address I had earlier in the year instead of my new one at the time (even after I had updated my info through the site... they must use only the addresses that you submit when you actually renew).

Anyway, I called up the number provided on the official website and reached someone at Live Nation. They just had another one sent out and I received it a short time later. Assuming the other one was sent to your old place and then sent back to them as a result, I wouldn't anticipate you having a different result here.

Edit: Try this. Again, I recommend calling them instead of writing them, as everything I've ever experienced or read shows that there's better results when you actually talk to someone.

We are here to help! The best way to contact us is to use the form below. You can also call our Customer Service 24/7 at 1-800-615-1324. From outside the U.S. use +1-949-333-4820.

Last edited:
I received my copy today and just got through listening to it.

I'll start with the postal packaging ... which is probably going to be an issue for some people. It ships in a very heavy stock plain brown paper mailer similar to what I've received vinyl albums packaged in from Amazon UK only it's a tight fit for a 10" album. I actually thought it was a magazine when I saw it in my mailbox today. Fortunately, mine arrived in perfect condition but I can easily see instances of post office mishandling resulting in broken vinyl or at least dings in the album's outer sleeve (like the photo above).

The records themselves are thoughtfully housed in clear plastic sleeves, not in the included glossy paper sleeves inside the gatefold album sleeve which prevents splitting of the inner sleeves. Both records are perfectly flat, spotless and dead quiet. Even though the recording is a little light on the low end, the show sounds overall excellent. The graphics are simple and to the point with images of all four band members on the inner label of each side of the records. The 10 song set (minus the redundant encores) is on three sides of the double album with a short, recent interview with Bono on the forth side.

I typically haven't been much of a fan of U2's pre-War tour live recordings - mostly due to the band's inexperience and tentativeness their first few years as a live act. And that certainly shows in a few places on this set especially early in the first couple of songs. However once the band get in a groove, it's really a great set and the recording really puts the listener in the small Marquee Club (it doesn't sound like there's more than about 50 people in the audience). Larry Mullen's drumming has a real aggressive punch to it that I rarely hear anymore from him the last couple decades and The Edge sounds absolutely glorious. I doubt any tinkering or re-dubbing was done to this recording, there's plenty of flubs, etc. It is a perfect snapshot of the band at the beginning of their career.

Well worth the money.

Got mine today. My daughter seemed interested but a bit baffled when I explained vinyl to her :D

Kids are out later so I'll be banging it on and pogoing about for 30 seconds til I remember I'm 44 and really shouldn't be doing that sort of thing (until the end of October, obviously)

Found my copy in the mail today. didn't even get an email. :angry: U2 is invading my privacy again.

I'm pretty sure it teleported itself too my house becuase there is NO way it got shipped to my house in the netherlands before people in cali recieved it. The return adress is cali.

Already three copies on ebay - one at a "Buy it now" price of £65 ($101) :ohmy:

One guy offering them for 100 Euro's a piece on a Dutch ebayish site.
that's £70 :hifive: The security guard was right U2 fans are the worst..

Found my copy in the mail today. didn't even get an email. :angry: U2 is invading my privacy again.

I'm pretty sure it teleported itself too my house becuase there is NO way it got shipped to my house in the netherlands before people in cali recieved it. The return adress is cali.

You're right. I believe you got mine. :shifty:

:lol: That's amazing.

One guy offering them for 100 Euro's a piece on a Dutch ebayish site.
that's £70 :hifive: The security guard was right U2 fans are the worst..

what makes me laugh is it's far less than that to join the bloody fanclub and get one sent for "free" :lol:

Back
Top Bottom