U2.com's latest subscription "gift"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good performances both... while both songs have backing tracks, they don't overwhelm the live playing the way the ones from Lights of Home and Love is Bigger did.

I hope RBW in particular finds a home in future U2 live sets.

Finally got around to listening to these... damn they are all pretty great recordings. Super happy to have this, will probably end up sitting alongside U22 as one of my most listened-to U2 compilations.

"The complete tracklisting will be published in early 2019 with shipping beginning in Spring 2019. "

Here we are one day into summer 2019, and unless I can't find it, still no full tracklist revealed.

"The complete tracklisting will be published in early 2019 with shipping beginning in Spring 2019. "

Here we are one day into summer 2019, and unless I can't find it, still no full tracklist revealed.

Maybe they meant Australian spring (or "Springo") as they are touring there.

Really is a disgrace that is almost July and not only do we not have the actual CDs/Downloads but they still haven't even figured out the tracklisting? I mean come on.

Really is a disgrace that is almost July and not only do we not have the actual CDs/Downloads but they still haven't even figured out the tracklisting? I mean come on.

You would think they would announce this before putting the Pacific tickets on sale to get more fan club sign ups. :doh:

It's almost august now and still nothing.... not even a statement why there is a delay. What's the problem u2.com?? Or...just deliver it now like you promised. No teasing anymore please.

It’s actually quite appalling from the U2 organisation that they made such specific commitments, failed to meet deadlines so monumentally, and have said NOTHING.

People who still subscribe to the fan club and expect anything to be on time:

giphy.gif

Well, that's pretty great. They included every song from both albums that actually was played at some point on the tour(s). Meaning that only The Showman, SLABT, and This Is Where... are missing.

Also nice that they didn't feel the need to put any of the warhorses on here.

Can't wait to download a rip!

Finally some news. And, as I thought after the first songs were made available for download earlier in the year, it seems it only contains songs from the SOI/SOE albums (with non-album tracks Invisible and The Crystal Ballroom included as well).
Here's the tracklisting, as also reported in that tweet:

U2 Live Songs of iNNOCENCE

1. The Miracle (of Joey Ramone) - Live from Madison Square Garden, New York, 27th July 2015
2. Iris (Hold Me Close) - Live from Bell Centre, Montreal, 6th June 2018
3. Cedarwood Road - Live from AccorHotels Arena, Paris, 7th December 2015
4. Song For Someone - Live from TD Garden, Boston, 14 July 2015
5. Raised By Wolvess - Live from The Globe, Stockholm, 22nd September 2015
6. Invisible - Live from Air Canada Centre, Toronto, 6th July 2015
7. The Troubles - Live from Rogers Arena, Vancouver, 14th May 2015
8. California - Live from United Centre, Chicago, 2nd July 2015
9. Every Breaking Wave - Live from United Centre, Chicago, 28th June 2015
10. The Crystal Ballroom - Live from TD Garden, Boston, 14th July 2015
11. Volcano - Live from 02 Arena, London, 2nd November 2015

U2 Live Songs of eXPERIENCE

1. Love Is All We Have Left - Live from NYCB Live, Uniondale, 9th June 2018
2. The Blackout - Live from SSE Arena, Belfast, 28th October 2018
3. Lights Of Home - Live from Royal Arena, Copenhagen, 30 September 2018
4. Landlady - Live from Mediolanum Forum, Milan, 12th October 2018
5. Red Flag Day - Live from Lanxess Arena, Cologne, 4th September 2018
6. Get Out Of Your Own Way - Live from Madison Square Garden, NY, 1st July 2018
7. American Soul - Live from T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, 12th May 2018
8. Summer Of Love - Live from Barclaycard Arena, Hamburg, 4th October 2018
9. You're The Best Thing About Me - Live from The Forum, Inglewood, 16th May 2018
10. The Little Things That Give You Away - Live from Olympic Stadium, Rome, 15 July 2017
11. Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way - Live from Mohegan Sun, Uncasville, 3 July 2018
12. 13 (There Is A Light) - Live from Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, 8th October 2018

I quickly spot 4 songs from shows I went to, that's always a nice bonus. :)

Well, that's pretty great. They included every song from both albums that actually was played at some point on the tour(s). Meaning that only The Showman, SLABT, and This Is Where... are missing.

Also nice that they didn't feel the need to put any of the warhorses on here.

Can't wait to download a rip!

Except Lucifer’s Hands.

"From both albums".

Technically a non-album track. I didn't mention Book of Your Heart either.

Book Of Your Heart was never played live, Lucifer's Hands was (3 times apparently, even more than the 2 times The Crystal Ballroom was played live).

Makes me pissed that they never played Reach Around. Damn SOI is good. IMO, their best post Pop album.

Not sure how you record a track that energetic, consider it as an album opener, but then completely neglect to play it live. Someone needs to ask one of these idiots for an explanation.

Not sure how you record a track that energetic, consider it as an album opener, but then completely neglect to play it live. Someone needs to ask one of these idiots for an explanation.

And taking the album for what it is, I just love that second half. 2 bangers (for U2 at least) followed by a really enjoyable track in Cedarwood and then a 90’s throwback. Followed by their most unique track in years with a phenomenal closer.

"From both albums".

Technically a non-album track. I didn't mention Book of Your Heart either.

My point is The Crystal Ballroom is also a bonus track, and it was included. So was Invisible. Book of Your Heart was never played live so I’m not sure how you would include it?

Lucifer’s Hands was played, and it would have balanced them out at 12 tracks each.

Sometimes I think U2 and Danger Mouse really could've gone the distance. There is some absolutely fantastic material both on and off the album, and it's a shame they decided to go their separate ways...

Maybe it's just the simple fact that the band was/ is in a different mindset these days. Kinda wonder what sorta material they'd put out if, I dunno, POP-era U2 and DM hooked up.

Regardless, I'd really love to hear the SoI record that Brian Burton felt was ready to be released...

Back
Top Bottom