U2.com's latest subscription "gift"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hikerdeb

The Fly
U2.com has just announced the new bonus gift for ordering or renewing a subscription. It is a double vinyl album of a rare, early U2 performance.

Well, that sounds great -- except that I suspect there a lot of fans (including me) who do not have the equipment to play a vinyl album and are not going to buy a turntable just to listen to this record. So we really have no incentive to renew (except for the chance to buy tickets the next time there's a tour). Why can't U2.com make this album available in an alternative format for those who are not able to play it on vinyl?

U2.com has just announced the new bonus gift for ordering or renewing a subscription. It is a double vinyl album of a rare, early U2 performance.

Well, that sounds great -- except that I suspect there a lot of fans (including me) who do not have the equipment to play a vinyl album and are not going to buy a turntable just to listen to this record. So we really have no incentive to renew (except for the chance to buy tickets the next time there's a tour). Why can't U2.com make this album available in an alternative format for those who are not able to play it on vinyl?

I think it will also be a download. Read this statement from the announcement -

"Delivery of the physical product is expected in Spring 2015."

U2 > News > Classic Live Set, Double Vinyl

It's also a download.

I'm pumped about it. Have Joshua Tree and a few other albums on vinyl but don't own a record player... this will probably push me over the edge.

i have a newer "antique-looking" radio/cd player/turntable that i bought about 10 years ago sitting in one of my living areas at home. I do not own any vinyl records so this will be a great gift.

It's also a download.

I'm pumped about it. Have Joshua Tree and a few other albums on vinyl but don't own a record player... this will probably push me over the edge.

I'm actually getting one from Amazon($50) this Christmas. I will also be getting SOI on vinyl and perhaps a few others too.

Dan Smee was really talking it up about the sound quality, so I figured why not?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I have a question about the subscription. I subscribed in early August of this year, so my subscription doesn't expire until August 2015. I really want the new gift, though, so if I subscribe again now, will my subscription extend another year, to August 2016, or just to November 2015?

I have a question about the subscription. I subscribed in early August of this year, so my subscription doesn't expire until August 2015. I really want the new gift, though, so if I subscribe again now, will my subscription extend another year, to August 2016, or just to November 2015?

Your subscription will extend to August 2016.
BTW, you will also receive the new gift when you resubscribe in August 2015. And keep in mind the package will not be shipped until spring 2015 (which may mean late May or so).

In short, you have plenty of time to renew.

Renewed mine today???been a member since day one and ive always thought the package is worth the cash.

worth the £25 anyway.The pre sale code/ double vinyl/ download and 25% store discount means its well worth it

Does anybody use the zootopia forum? I seem to stick to this one and the atu2 forum. When ever i go on there it seems dead!

Fucking hell. North Side Story was just delivered to me today. Is it just me, or is the print really small? I've never worn glasses and have been putting off an eye exam. Don't think I'm going to be reading it till I have one done. Don't they know U2's fanbase is ageing and have poor vision?? Or was this gift only intended for the pop kids who have good vision?

You can get a record player very cheap these days and as others said it will be downloadable as well. Personally I think it is a very good gift.

Live from London's legendary Marquee Club, in 1980, here's the cover of the upcoming double 10" vinyl release - available only to U2.com subscribers.

'Another Time, Another Place' is now in production - more details soon.

large.jpg

Actually pretty excited about this, got a record player over the holidays.

If we were to go by that title, Nov. 27th, 1980?

Why only that date?

All of the below shows were at the Marquee club in 1980:

June 7 (no setlist known)

July 13 (11 O'Clock, Tick Tock; Speed of Life; An Cat Dubh; Into the Heart; Pete The Chop; Electric Co; Things to Make and Do; Stories For Boys; I Will Follow; 11 O'Clock, Tick Tock)

September 8 (no setlist known)

September 15 (no setlist known)

September 22 (Boy-Girl and 11 O'Clock, Tick Tock are known to have been played, full setlist not known)

September 29 (The Ocean; 11 O'Clock, Tick Tock; I Will Follow; Touch; An Cat Dubh; Into the Heart; A Day Without Me; Twilight; Electric Co; Things to Make and Do; Stories for Boys; Out of Control; 11 O'Clock, Tick Tock)

November 26 (no setlist known)

November 27 (Stories for Boys; Another Time, Another Place; I Will Follow Twilight; Out of Control; 11 O'Clock, Tick Tock - full setlist not known).

Could be any of those 8, and also probably does not have to have Another Time Another Place in the setlist (though probably will) - the song title is fairly analogous with the concept for the album, so could just be that they thought it would work as a title for an old live show.

Why only that date?

All of the below shows were at the Marquee club in 1980:

June 7 (no setlist known)

July 13 (11 O'Clock, Tick Tock; Speed of Life; An Cat Dubh; Into the Heart; Pete The Chop; Electric Co; Things to Make and Do; Stories For Boys; I Will Follow; 11 O'Clock, Tick Tock)

September 8 (no setlist known)

September 15 (no setlist known)

September 22 (Boy-Girl and 11 O'Clock, Tick Tock are known to have been played, full setlist not known)

September 29 (The Ocean; 11 O'Clock, Tick Tock; I Will Follow; Touch; An Cat Dubh; Into the Heart; A Day Without Me; Twilight; Electric Co; Things to Make and Do; Stories for Boys; Out of Control; 11 O'Clock, Tick Tock)

November 26 (no setlist known)

November 27 (Stories for Boys; Another Time, Another Place; I Will Follow Twilight; Out of Control; 11 O'Clock, Tick Tock - full setlist not known).

Could be any of those 8, and also probably does not have to have Another Time Another Place in the setlist (though probably will) - the song title is fairly analogous with the concept for the album, so could just be that they thought it would work as a title for an old live show.

It would be fairly stupid to name the album Another Time Another Place and then not have the song of the same name on said album.

Not that U2 aren't above being stupid these days. But I'd venture to guess it's either the 27th or one of the unknown set list shows, and not one of the shoes where Another Time Another Place wasn't played.

I wonder if this will inspire them to play Another Time Another Place on tour? :hmm:

My guess it's the September 22 show. Boy-Girl from that show appeared on the B-side of the I Will Follow single. So that one was recorded and likely they have a soundboard recording of the full show in their archives.

Fucking hell. North Side Story was just delivered to me today. Is it just me, or is the print really small? I've never worn glasses and have been putting off an eye exam. Don't think I'm going to be reading it till I have one done. Don't they know U2's fanbase is ageing and have poor vision?? Or was this gift only intended for the pop kids who have good vision?

aaaawwww :hug: VP

:hmm:
my sis should be getting this soon

since she had to subscribe to get tickets presale

Live from London's legendary Marquee Club, in 1980, here's the cover of the upcoming double 10" vinyl release - available only to U2.com subscribers.

'Another Time, Another Place' is now in production - more details soon.

large.jpg

this is SO exciting i hope my sis will get this she subscribed for pre sale

anyway

ONE of these shows at The Marquee is when Andy Shwartz of New York Rocker Was a great punk/new Wave/alt zine started during CBGB's early days

Andy went to GB and maybe Europe at that time and Reviewed U2 At the Marquee and printed His Review in NYR that Fall 80 just BEFORE U2 played NYC/USA first time

THAT's what alerted me to u2! :love:

Very excited for U2 - Another Time, Another Place : Live at the Marquee London 1980 as well :hyper: (especially because it's vinyl!) I recently bought a copy of U2 - Wide Awake In Europe which was a record store day release and can be challenging to find. :heart:

large.jpg

Just renewed my subscription, it was running out next month. It specifically stated that the new gift is still in production, so they won't be sent out soon.

Yup, great system. Announcing by the end of the year, release it halfway ish.

I kinda expected news by the end of april that they're going to start sending out... guess it's slower than the previous ones.

Anyone else have problems when trying to purchase a subscription renewal? I confirm my account info, but when I click submit, the next page has nowhere where I can enter my payment info. I cannot get to step two. And of course customer service is no help at all.

Global vinyl backlogs aren't a new thing, and I doubt U2 org would pay a premium to fast-track a free gift through the production process. Delays are fairly out of their control, but the lack of communication is pretty bad.

Back
Top Bottom