U2.com trouble opening website this morning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yep trouble here as well. Maybe an update to the site but i wouldnt count on it just yet. I think they will keep that until 2009.

We can only hope this is something exciting :hyper: and not that they didn't pay there server bill. :huh:

I was in there this a little earlier, so it's definately something relatively recent.

I'm not a tech geek or anything, but I thought that changes could be made to the design of a site while its still live and just flip flop the new stuff with the old stuff at the appropriate time. No?

I'm not a tech geek or anything, but I thought that changes could be made to the design of a site while its still live and just flip flop the new stuff with the old stuff at the appropriate time. No?

I was thinking the same thing, and also wondering why people assume that because the site is down, that some big news is coming. Websites go down all the time for many different reasons.

Don't know, but that's not what happened in 2004, the site actually did go down.

Well... sorta. I've done this sort of thing in the past. If they're changing it up (I pray to God) they really need to lock down content completely for the duration of the transfer (even with pre-written code), and then they have to test it all... it's not as simple a pressing a button. Plus, if they're switching to new server (LiveNation), it can take several hours for that to propagate through DNS (and thus be visible to the world).

For the record, WHOIS records say that U2.com is still register to U2, Ltd., but WHOIS can take awhile to update.

My guess is that we're getting major code changes, both on the frontend (what the site looks like) and the backend (how the site operates - where the changes are really needed).

Dammit, I miss running websites.

it's probably down....Christmas eve (around 18h over there)...everybody's out celebrating and not working on fixing the site....if there are a lot of testing to implement\move a website, Christmas eve is probably one of the last date to do it on! Sorry but when it will be back,nothing will probably have changed!

it's probably down....Christmas eve (around 18h over there)...everybody's out celebrating and not working on fixing the site....if there are a lot of testing to implement\move a website, Christmas eve is probably one of the last date to do it on! Sorry but when it will be back,nothing will probably have changed!

Just like the last five years :love:

Back
Top Bottom